jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is Barcelona FC the best team of all time?

1. folorunsho80 profile image68
    folorunsho80posted 6 years ago

Is Barcelona FC the best team of all time?

2. kinnsyg profile image61
    kinnsygposted 6 years ago

difficult to judge of course, but on the basis of domestic domination, European success, attractiveness of their football, and uniqueness of their pressing game I would say yes. I am sure others would disagree. I have been watching football for 25 years and they are the best I have ever seen. I just think they only loose if the opposition gets lucky because they are never outplayed.

3. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 6 years ago

I think they are the best team I have watched in my lifetime in terms of their footballing style. I think their discipline could be improved which is their main flaw in my eyes.

4. SpiffyD profile image83
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

It's always difficult to judge teams from different eras. Jose Mourinho might think Barcelona is favoured, but they would be the best based on their style of football and the consistency of it. Not many teams can play a brand of football with such success. I'd admit that the Champions League successes are a bit tainted by controversial semi-final wins on two occasions. Still, they have trophies and style. Yes, Barcelona is the best of all time.

5. breathing profile image61
    breathingposted 6 years ago

I think Barcelona FC is the best football team of all time in club football. They pass the ball among them in a beautiful technique. It is one of the attractive site of their playing.

6. the-real-deal? profile image77
    the-real-deal?posted 6 years ago

No, now don't get me wrong, they are unbelievable. But to say that they are the best team ever I personally think is a bridge to far.......at the moment.
    They are by far the best team on the planet at present, and have been for last few years, but as people have already said, it is difficult to compare over time due to the radical changes in the game that occur over years.
    For me the best team ever is the World Cup winning team of 1970 in Mexico, Brazil.
    The team boasted the greatest player ever, Pele, along with other greats like Jairzinho, Revelino and of course Carlos Alberto who scored the fourth.
    This was the best team ever, this team destroyed the best teams the world had to offer and did it in such a way it looked easy.
    Barcelona are not far off of this side but not quite there......yet