jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If I have a 6 to 10 handicap, should I use a blade or a game improvement iron?

1. Trigger9449 profile image60
    Trigger9449posted 6 years ago

If I have a 6 to 10 handicap, should I use a blade or a game improvement iron?

Golf related.

2. kingis profile image70
    kingisposted 6 years ago

I would go to your local pro shop and ask the club pro his recommendation.

3. cydro profile image87
    cydroposted 6 years ago

I was in the same boat as you are in for about four years trying to improve.

I was always told that blades were reserved for the best golfers.  This meant there were about 1-2 people in my city of 60,000 people that should use them.  That came from two separate pros from two local courses. 

Here is a guy that disagrees with that: www.oobgolf.com/content/the+wedge+guy/g … phany.html
    If you think it's worth the money I would go with blades.  Swing trainers usually only focus on one aspect of the swing. 
    However, what helped me become better was reading a book about the mental game, specifically Mind Over Golf (I know it sounds ridiculous).  Also, recent research has determined that GIR is the best predictor of score.  Whatever you can do to improve GIR might be the key to lowering your score.

4. fdoleac profile image57
    fdoleacposted 6 years ago

Game improvement iron - blades require pure ball striking and alot of practice.  It's an ego thing, move on and your scores will go down.

5. Trigger9449 profile image60
    Trigger9449posted 6 years ago

My ball striking is great. I loose strokes in my short game btw. And I went and hit a few blades today and I hit them perfectly. So I will be switching over. Thanks for the input guys.

working