jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Baseball

1. profile image53
    matsplat15posted 7 years ago

Who is going to win the NL and Al Pennant

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 7 years ago in reply to this

me thinks it will be the Yankees and the Dogers, possibly
      Torri's revenge!!!!!!

we shall see

Jon

1. jobister profile image60
        jobisterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It would be nice to see the revenge game between Torre and the Yanks, but I'm betting on the Phils vs the Angels.

1. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oooh, that's it smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

hey matsplati

I saw you post and thought I would respond.

NL is Dodgers

AL is Boston Red Sox.

Now, each are debateable, but time will tell.

3. profile image0
    Maximus591posted 7 years ago

Please please please (Did I hear someone just say please?) NOT the Yankees for the AL Pennant. I'm sure I would lose the will to live if they made it to the World Series.

Sadly, they will beat Minny then square off against Boston.

Colorado would be tedious to see in the WS. Hopefully, Philly will do a number on the Rockies before succumbing to the Dodgers.

So, Dodgers (NL) v Boston (AL)

4. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Yankees and Phillies...Remember, I you heard it here first wink

Oh, and it's Yankees in 6 big_smile

5. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Did anyone see game 2 of the ALCS?  I watch the entire 5+ hours of it and was on the edge of my seat.  Safe to say, I was happy with the outcome.  Sure, A.J. Burnett almost had a melt down, but Jobba, Mo, and Robertson really kept the Yankees in it.  A-Rod tied it and a crucial throwing error combined with the cold rain allowed Jerry Hairston to round third and score the winning run. An ugly yet satisfactory win for the Yankees who are now up 2-0 against the Halos.

Phillies Vs Angels! Those halos need to win more games in the extra innings. They are keeping the Yanks on their toes for sure.

2. jobister profile image60

I hate the Yankees.. they would be nothing without their bloated roster of overpaid former all stars from other teams with a few exceptions.

1. dohn121 profile image88
        dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Like the Dynasty Bulls would've been nothing without Jordan?  Or the Celtics would be nothing without Bird, or the Lakers nothing without Kareem and Magic?  What's your point?  Don't hate the team, hate the system.  If Major League Baseball could establish a players union and induct a salary-cap, the problem would be solved.

Besides, no one is handing the Yankees a championship.  They haven't won one in the last 9 years, yet boasted the highest salary head and shoulders above the other teams and have nothing to show for it.

You could buy a Lamborghini Diablo and still lose to a suped-up Honda Civic to a better driver.

Just wanted to make a point.

1. wavegirl22 profile image46
          wavegirl22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

And no one says it better than you do . .
          Amen . .

Agreed with the need for salary-cap. Can we get the ball rolling?!

6. K Partin profile image56
    K Partinposted 7 years ago

Not the Tigers!! sad Boo Hoo!!

7. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 7 years ago

Yaay the Phillies won the NLCS in 5 games. I had predicted they will win in 6 games. The Angels are giving the Yankees all they can handle. I am hoping for an Angels & Phillies match up for World Series.

working