jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Crabtree Signs with 49ers

1. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

I don't know if many people expected the Niners to be as good as they're.  Definitely looking like a playoff team, but still, their offense seems to stutter.

Crabtree should help them.  I heard he signed a 6 year deal with speculation that this bumped up the guaranteed money.  Anyone here the rest of the details?

Did he do better by holding out - missing 4 games can't be good?

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I hate that guy

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Was Ronnie Van Zandt a Texan? I thought those guys were all from "Bama.

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Van Zant" From Florida

2. undagroundjoe profile image55
    undagroundjoeposted 8 years ago
  3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

Sounds like the details of the deal get announced at noon today (Pacific Time).

4. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 8 years ago

I think 49ers ruined what chemistry they had on offense. They now Crabtree to deal with in locker room. I'm sure Singletary will kick his behind if needed but he's still a distraction. He got a 6 year deal for what? 2 years at texas tech?

I don't see him playing well with Shaun Hill and he's going to want the ball every other play. He also missed all this time training and practicing so I think his impact is going to be minimal. SF needs help on offense, they cannot rely on Gore every game to show up.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They've had this experience with T O.  What are they thinking?

1. jobister profile image60
        jobisterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Great point! I couldn't agree more. Hopefully, Singletary can rule over this young future talent with an iron fist and not let him become a media hog like T.O.

5. R.Edwards profile image65
    R.Edwardsposted 8 years ago

Michael Crabtree's addition to this team will only help. The niners are 27th in the league in totall offense, this is Mike Singletary's team and no one will change or hinder that. I don't think this addition hurts the 49ers in any way, especially when Frank Gore returns from his ankle injury. This could be a very well balanced team behind the direction of Mike Singletary. Besides that, he won't make a real contribution till later in the season. He still has time to grow and get acclimated to his new teammates. Remember the niners have Vernon Davis as well, a yound qb's best friend is a good tight end anyway. The relationship between Crabtree and Hill will grow as they play together. As far as Crabtree (as a person) is concerned, I can't stand him. Another premadona obviously that the NFL will have to deal with, but what star WR isn't? Well, with the exception of Houston's Andre Johnson I guess.

6. R.Edwards profile image65
    R.Edwardsposted 8 years ago

Oh yea, I'm a rook...so I guess I'm supposed to leave this?

http://hubpages.com/_raesports/hub/NFL- … redictions

7. lsfloro profile image61
    lsfloroposted 8 years ago

Michael Crabtree signing with the 49er's has to really help their offense. Holding out for so long could limit his effectiveness for a while, but he is young and plays a position that can contribute quickly. I saw a good number of his games when he was at Texas Tech and he can really play. The niners have played well this year, but the defense has carried the load. Crabtree can only help.

8. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image85
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

It happened about a week earlier than I expected, but I figured he would sign by the end of the month. He might have an impact next season.

In real money, he picked up a million dollars by staying out.

working