jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are Sports Stars paid too much money?

1. gabrielthomas72 profile image76
    gabrielthomas72posted 6 years ago

Are Sports Stars paid too much money?

In a world where countries are on the brink of financial collapse and ordinary citizens struggle to make ends meet. Can the wages of our top Sports Stars really be justified? Last year Forbes Sports Money listed that the top 50 earners, earnt an average of $28 Million for the financial year 2010-2011.

2. Brent Hale profile image60
    Brent Haleposted 6 years ago

It's supply and demand. The demand for sports is there, so the money is there.

3. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 6 years ago

It's ridiculous how much footballers are paid per month - we're talking f**king billions. And I thought Charlie Sheen was bad, he's nothing compaed to the average Rooney or Beckham, raking in so much cash after each match.

4. rclinton5280 profile image75
    rclinton5280posted 6 years ago

This is a hub on professional athletes and their salaries. I did a lot of research to provide specific details on their incomes and averages. read more

5. profile image79
    in4mativeposted 6 years ago

It depends on what you think they are paid for. My verdict remains open.

6. Gemini Fox profile image89
    Gemini Foxposted 6 years ago

Yes - waaaaay overrated!  They're playing a GAME!  Maybe hundreds of thousands but not millions. It's one of the reasons I will never pay for a ticket to a pro game of any sort.

No - when you think about what their owners are raking in.

7. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

Yes, definitely, expecially LeBron James.

Professional athletes are nothing but souped-up court jesters. Therefore, the only thing that any of them should be paid is a few shekels per appearance.

8. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

all entertainers are over paid. whether it is sports, music or movie stars. it's freaking absurd how much these people make.

9. okaygrace profile image61
    okaygraceposted 6 years ago

I believe athletes get paid what they deserve for several reasons. You can't fault them for accepting money for the job they love. I actually just wrote more in depth about this here: http://okaygrace.hubpages.com/hub/Do-At … d-Too-Much