jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is Tim Duncan the best player to ever play for the San Antonio Spurs?

1. MarkRFox profile image75
    MarkRFoxposted 6 years ago

Is Tim Duncan the best player to ever play for the San Antonio Spurs?

2. Mageplasm profile image60
    Mageplasmposted 6 years ago

I think so. If you look at his accolades, they're just downright amazing. Four time NBA Champion and 3 Finals MVP's. Also, his career stats are proof that he is one of the greatest power forwards of all time. You can make an argument for David Robinson, who also holds many NBA records. However, when you evaluate all the statistics and accolades, Tim Duncan is definitely one of the greatest players ever to grace the court.

3. Nickalooch profile image91
    Nickaloochposted 6 years ago

Karl Malone was kind of overshadowed by the fact he played against Jordan in the Finals quite a bit. Malone to me is one of if not the best Power Forwards, Barkley has to be up there to.

4. Tim Quam profile image60
    Tim Quamposted 4 years ago

I would say so.  Look at the turn the team took after his selection as the No. 1 pick in the 1997 draft — four NBA Championships between 1999 and 2007, all for a team that had never been to the NBA Finals before.  You could suggest as a candidate for best player in franchise history George Gervin, the NBA's leading scorer four times over a five-year span, 1977-78 to '81-82, but I think the most overlooked player is probably Alvin Robertson, who only had five seasons with the team but won both NBA Defensive Player of the Year and Most Improved player in 1985-86.  He led the league in steals that season and the following year.