What should or can we do to Stop Corruption in Sports?

1. Pearldiver profile image80
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

What should or can we do to Stop Corruption in Sports?

2. WD Curry 111 profile image58
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

This is tough. Laws can set guidelines, but only hearts will follow them. Fear of punishment does not seem to defer "boosters" in Florida. We have "ringers" playing Pee Wee Football on the rich side of town. By the time secondary school rolls around, the coaches are recruiting baseball players from   the Dominican Republic and Cuba.

3. Angelo Riva profile image60
    Angelo Rivaposted 6 years ago

That is a tough question, and even harder to answer. I now see that an Auburn basketball player is under investigation for points shaving. The root it seems to all the corruption is money. Sadly, it seems no matter how much these athletes earn, or have to potential to earn, it's not enough. Removing the money aspect doesn't work, they will keep doing what they are doing to make money. You can't pay them more, because they will just want more. There is regulation, but it doesn't seem to work. I think the sad reality is, we will all have to go through life watching these sporting events and wondering if there is a fix, or if the competition is even legitimate at all. It saddens me that, that is a feasable reality. As stated in the movie "Redbelt", any time there is a competition were there is money exchanging hands, there is the possibility of corruption. The only thing that is pure is ones fight for their own life.