jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some tips on buying good running shoes?

1. Turtlewoman profile image94
    Turtlewomanposted 6 years ago

What are some tips on buying good running shoes?

2. Axaflaxar profile image44
    Axaflaxarposted 6 years ago

I like to make sure they don't rub against the ball of my big toe and small toes(the section where a bunyon and bunyonette forms).  I used under armour running shoes and they just rubbed against that section of my foot horribly. I switched back to nike and asics with no problem.

3. shesacraftymom profile image75
    shesacraftymomposted 6 years ago

It depends on your preference first. If you like a lot of cushioning and impact control you'll need a standard running shoe. If you like pushing off with your midfoot and feeling more of the ground, try a "barefoot" shoe. Also, determine if you have high or low arches. Low or flat feet need more cushioning. High arches need less midsole stability and control. I find trail running shoes to be perfect for just about every exercise. I wear them to road run and aerobics because I like the cushioning and motion control since I have very low arches. Hope this helps!

4. bdegiulio profile image100
    bdegiulioposted 6 years ago

Worry about fit, feel and comfort first and foremost.  Make sure the shoe addresses your running needs with regards to cushioning, stability, support, etc.  If you overpronate or oversupinate make sure the shoe address this issue.  Make sure the lasting (shape) of the shoe fits your foot.  For high arches look for a shoe with a curved last.  For flat feet look for a straight last.  If your just starting out I would recommend going to a running specialty store to make sure you get the right shoe.