jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you rather swim in the Ocean or in a swimming pool?

1. Diane Woodson profile image59
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Would you rather swim in the Ocean or in a swimming pool?

Which is the most fun to you, and why?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6616647_f260.jpg

2. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I love the ocean, but I get squicked when I can't see the bottom. If it's clear water, then I'm fine. I usually prefer a pool over the ocean/river/lake/etc because of this.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I grew up at the beach and swimming in the ocean was second nature to me--long before the movie JAWS came out.  I did start to think about sharks after seeing the movie.  Nowadays, I prefer a swimming pool because you don't get sand in unmentionable places and often no crowd to deal with if it is a private pool.

4. ASchwartz profile image72
    ASchwartzposted 5 years ago

When I was a kid it was the ocean hands down.

Now that I'm older and have seen tv programs about all the weird sea life I feel more comfortable in a pool.

5. angied83 profile image80
    angied83posted 5 years ago

I live in a country with beautiful beaches so I would choose the ocean. :-) Pool water makes me itch especially when I smell the chlorine.

6. Akuma23 profile image68
    Akuma23posted 5 years ago

OCean for sure. I cant get people going to the seasise (prefferably from hundreds if not thousands of miles away ) and then stay by the pool.

7. stank24qm profile image61
    stank24qmposted 5 years ago

I definitely prefer swimming in an ocean or lake. It just feels more natural and fun to me and I also don't like the smell in chlorine. However, if I'm relaxing and have a few drinks then I will choose to wade/lounge in a pool.

8. nochance profile image93
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I grew up in an area with a ton of lakes and so that is my preference. I always loved swimming through reeds with a snorkel to look at the fish and shells. Pools seem boring compared to a lake (though I do love water parks), and I don't have a good opinion about the ocean because the only time I swam there I was having an allergic reaction to the sunscreen I used on my face. I loved the waves, but otherwise I would rather just pick up shells.

working