jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Where you ever frightened by an animal or insect while camping out?

1. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Where you ever frightened by an animal or insect while camping out?

2. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

One time, while camping in King's Canyon National Park, I'd heard that there was a bear that had been raiding ice chests and stealing food in the campground during the night. I was sleeping outside in a sleeping bag and woke up to hear the bear snuffling around the picnic table. I was pretty freaked out, and felt pretty vulnerable out there, but the bear paid no attention, and not finding any food, it soon moved on.

flashmakeitposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You where lucky and I bet you did not go camping there again.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We went camping at Mammoth Lakes and rented this little tiny hut thing that was more like a shed.  We went in and put our duffels down and I saw this huge mashed spider body on the wall.  No way could I stay there.  We exchanged the "shed" for a motel room.

funny thing is if I had been camping outside and saw the spider, I wouldn't have thought much about it.  But it was in place it didn't belong and the sight of that body on the wall still creeps me out.

Good thing you did not fall to sleep in that shed because another one of those large spiders may have been roaming around in the area.

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what I was thinking when I insisted we move to the little motel at the campground.  Ewwww.

4. Dee42 profile image79
    Dee42posted 5 years ago

We camped out in the wichita camp site,Arkansas, and we had a great big tent, it had dividers and everything but was the devil getting up! Anyway, I was laying down inside my luxury tent I seen thousands of Grand-daddy long legs crawling up the wall of our tent. I could see them! I hollered at my now ex husband and we left. Uh.

I really do not think those spiders are dangerous to human although they are some scary looking things I would not want to sleep by.

5. Beth-Woodard profile image73
    Beth-Woodardposted 5 years ago

I have an abnormal fear of spiders, so when the family go camping I'm quite glad of some of the night visitors, they keep them at bay!

http://beth-woodard.hubpages.com/hub/In … ng-Mammals

working