jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Where are some cheap/free camping spots in America/Canada ?

1. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

Where are some cheap/free camping spots in America/Canada ?

We are planning a trip over to explore the USA / Canada & want to keep accommodation costs down so we can stay longer .
    Where do you reccommend for camping ?

2. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 5 years ago

Most camp sites charge a small amount of money that goes to the national forest service.  It depends on the state/campground but it's usually around 10-20 dollars.

I have a posting for all the parks/campgrounds for 6 states on a blog link of mine if you want to read it.  If those are not the states you're considering...just type in 'state name' state parks division to get links to a state you want to visit.

freecampingaussieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, have added your blog under my favourites to read after work.Love National Parks, Water etc

2. JBrumett profile image60
      JBrumettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep, no problem, hope it helps.

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

National parks and national forests are a great place to camp at and they are absolutely beautiful and usually pretty cheap to camp at.

Some small towns have local campsites that are usually free for the first night you stay. They aren't anything amazing but if you know the general area you're planning on stopping at it's worth checking out neighboring towns to see if any of them have campsites.

Thanks for the help . We want to check out smaller towns as we go & meet nice people as we go !

4. tirelesstraveler profile image80
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

Oh, how exciting.   If you make it to California, begin making camping reservations now. The most popular places in CA like Yosemite and Beach camping just about any place in the state. Yosemite is stunningly beautiful.  You can camp outside the park with little difficulty.  Prices range from $18 public- $40 in private camps.  The private camps usually have pools etc. Let me know what part of the country you will be exploring and I can help with specifics. 

If you make it to San Francisco don't forget to stop in at Hub Pages and meet the charming and wonder staff.

I spent a day in San Francisco in 2000 and hope to spend longer there ! Must visit Yosemite as it sounds amazing !Need to buy a campervan when there .

working