jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How often do you visit local parks?

1. internpete profile image91
    internpeteposted 5 years ago

How often do you visit local parks?

Do you visit parks in your area often? Are there many parks near where you live? Why do you/ don't you visit parks? what do you like to do at these parks?

2. Vinsanity100 profile image60
    Vinsanity100posted 5 years ago

I visit them everyday during the warmer months. I love to go mountain biking and cruise on the paved paths when I get tired. I enjoy spending  hours out there.

3. cactusbythesea profile image87
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

I go to my local parks as much as my time and the weather will allow.  When I'm there, I usually just walk around.  It's my favorite way to get exercise and to clear my thoughts.

4. Stephanie Henkel profile image95
    Stephanie Henkelposted 5 years ago

Since you have this posted in the National Parks category, I'm thinking that you are asking about visiting National Parks and monuments. We spend a good part of our year traveling in our RV and always make it a point to visit National Parks, Wildlife Refuges and Monuments in our travels. They always have much to offer from natural wonders to wonderful scenery, history and wildlife. We spend time camping, hiking and photographing in these parks, enjoying whatever they have to offer.

Back at our home base in North Caroline, we live fairly close to the beautiful Cape Hatteras National Seashore and visit often to enjoy the beaches, swimming and fishing.

5. Chen Suen profile image73
    Chen Suenposted 5 years ago

I don't visit them as often as I like.  I think if they were within walking distance I'd go all the time.  There is one park nearby, but it's rundown and unkept.  Usually at parks, I like sitting around and relaxing.

6. shimlahillstation profile image53
    shimlahillstationposted 5 years ago

Not often. Local parks are there for morning walks now. So only those visit them who wants to stay in shape.

7. sarahmoose profile image79
    sarahmooseposted 5 years ago

I have a number of parks near me, and we try to go a couple of times a week. Its not always easy, as I work full time, and my daughter doesn't like it when its raining!

8. Volitans profile image81
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

I go pretty often, two to three times a week. Seattle is filled with parks, from small neighborhood parks to larger parks like Golden Gardens and Discovery Park. Parks provide an escape from the hustle of city life. Usually I just walk around, but occasionally I'll go beachcombing or toss a ball or frisbee around.

9. Jason Matthews profile image92
    Jason Matthewsposted 4 years ago

I love running and being outdoors, so I often visit the parks in my community. I usually go at least once per week, but sometimes I go as much as four or five times in a week. There are few small parks nearby, but each one is different. One park has a running trail and four softball fields. Another has a walking path around a large pond and a playground for children. One of the parks nearby has a Frisbee golf course which is very popular with the college students in town. Personally, when I visit parks, I am running most of the time so I enjoy using the trails, paths, and greenways.

working