jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you follow motorsports (e.g. NASCAR or Indy)? Do you think it's a true sport?

1. UMHiram profile image78
    UMHiramposted 5 years ago

Do you follow motorsports (e.g. NASCAR or Indy)? Do you think it's a true sport? Why or Why Not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7133303_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I consider that for something to be honoured as a sport, it should be both skilfull and athletic,  Indie car racing is certainly skilfull, I'm not sure just how athletic driving a car around a track is as opposed to something like football, say, which requires athletic prowess  and skilful positioning, passing, and individual ball manoeuvring.  I would not include things like snooker or darts, etc, as sports.

UMHiramposted 5 years agoin reply to this

MickS, I appreciate your comment and you would actually be surprised how much athletic skills are needed for racing. Before I actually started learning more, I wasn't 100% sure that it should be categorized as a sport but my opinion has changed.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

my answer has always been " drive on the highway that has fast traffic and a lot of vehicles. try to get around other drivers (safely) . now do that for 5 hours and let me know what shape your in when it's over"

UMHiramposted 5 years agoin reply to this

nightwork4, 5 hours strategically driving a race car will definitely take the wind out of you. I've been up close and personal to the sport so it has been enlightening learning about all that it takes to be a race car driver of any magnitude.

Closed to reply

working