Where Are The Tallest And Fastest Roller Coaster Rides?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. velzipmur profile image80
    velzipmurposted 5 years ago

Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio. They have some of the highest, fastest and best roller coasters in the world!

3. BernietheMovieGuy profile image75
    BernietheMovieGuyposted 4 years ago

Velzipmur is absolutely right about Cedar Point, however, she has only touched the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Cedar Point has what I would arguably call one of the best steel coasters, Millenium Force.  It's not the tallest, but it is incredibly fast.  And it's not a short ride, either.  It lasts about 3 minutes total.  The Point is also home to Top Thrill Dragster which is still, I believe, the second tallest coaster in the country and The Mean Streak, which is one of the tallest and fastest wooden coasters.

The best wooden coaster is in the southern corner of the state at Kings Island.  The Beast has over a mile of track and the total ride time is over 4 minutes.

For the tallest steel coaster, journey to New Jersey and Six Flags Great Adventure.  Kingda Ka is 450 feet tall with a total ride time of about 1 minute, but well worth the rush.

Other parks worth visiting even though they don't have record breaking rides include both Busch Gardens (Virginia and Florida), Magic Mountain in California, Kings Island and it's sister park, Kings Dominion in Virginia, Hershey Park in Pennsylvania and almost any other park with the Six Flags or Cedar Fair brand attached.

Hope that answers your question.  Feel free to inquire further.  I'm actually working on a book about roller coasters and amusement parks, so anything you want to know, feel free to ask.  I can be reached at dvrsity646@AOL.com.

working