Raiders vs Redskins (Pride Bowl)

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. R.Edwards profile image62
    R.Edwardsposted 14 years ago

Week 14 hosts a game of pure emotion and pride when the Oakland Raiders hosts the Washington Redskins. Both teams are mathmatically and by all means otherwise, out of the playoff race in their respective divisions. Due to a dozen of different reasons per ball club, both teams have failed to match their win records with the character in which they've played their last couple of games.

This week I'm predicting (not that my predictions mean anything) that this will be a game of the week. Look for a shootout and smashmouth game at the same time.

prediction

Redskins 29
    Raiders 27

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I really like this match up.  You got the Redskins who are coming off a game in which they should have won (the Saints know this too) and so are pretty pissed and a confident and rejuvenated Raiders team that probably think they're ready to turn back the clock and beat the 1985 Bears after beating the reigning Super Bowl champs (minus Rothlisberger and Polamalu). 

I agree.  The Redskins are going to want this more than the Raiders, but the Raiders are playing much better, not to mention that Tom Cable got a vote of confidence from Al Davis himself yesterday to remain the head coach to begin the 2010 season.  It will be a close game wink

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Dreaded Vote of Confidence?

2. R.Edwards profile image62

Yea I'm a fan of both these teams, not to mention they both suffer from a medolsome owner but I also think with a few corrections (more on the part of the Raiders)these teams can ressurect their ball clubs in the future.

These last few games of the '09 season are important to ball clubs like the two of these. I think they each want to end this season on a high note and they know that the other club is playing with emotion.

ewwwwww...someone's gonna get hurt!!! *hopefully not serioulsy, maybe like an ankle sprain* lol.

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

The Skins whould win by a couple TD's.

R.Edwardsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

man I hope so...I mean, I hope we score over 30 to solidify Zorn's position.

1. rhamson profile image72
        rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No matter the seasons' outcome I believe Zorn will be gone in 2010.

R.Edwardsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yea, and that will result in yet another disappointing season if they let him go. I think they should keep the personnel they have so far and improve the O-Line in the offseason. It's obvious now that the offense has improved drastically, that protection for Jason Campbell was the major issue.

I think the Skins can win out the remainder of the season with the only competition coming from the Chargers in week 16. There's no reason as to why we shouldn't score 30+ against the Giants and Cowboys in week 14 and 15.

I just hope Dan Snyder let's this season fade and build on what we already have in place and make no major changes. Zorn is a great coach despite his sluggish start.

4. R.Edwards profile image62

Yes, that's right, the Redskins score 34 points in the win over the Oakland Raiders in a week 14 matchup. I know the common response will more than likely highlight the opposing team's competitiveness in the game in the first place.

However, the Redskins have played very well as of late in the season albeit the remaining games mean virtually nothing in terms of securing a playoff spot.

In the Redskins' lose to the Eagles in week 12, they scored 24 points (a then season high). The next week against the Saints they recorded 30 in yet another loss despite aggressive play.

This week finally the Redskins win in a 34-13 defeat of the Oakland Raiders, the current season high in point production for the offense.

Next week they play the New York Giants (7-6) who are on a losing streak heading into the game. This could be a perfect trap game in continuing the blunder of the season which is of the Giants in spoiling their run for the playoffs.

The Redskins bost a league leading pass defense and red zone defense and continue to put starters out of the game for extended periods (not that I'm congratulating injuries). The week after the Giants game the Redskins play another NFC east opponent in the Dallas Cowboys then cap off their season with a visit to San Diego.

For now, the Redskins should focus one game at a time and not get ahead of themeselves. Continue in the points scoring and hard aggressive defense.

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

I hope they average forty points the next two weeks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)