jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Who's Going to Win the Heisman? Who's DESERVES to win it?

1. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 7 years ago

Here are the candidates:

Colt McCoy: Many Heisman pundits believe that Colt
    McCoy was one play away from the Heisman Trophy and a national championship shot in 2008.  The Horns last second loss to Texas Tech proved to be costly and expect UT to be mission focused in 2009.  Not only did McCoy throw for an incredible 3,859 yards and 34 TD's in 2008, but he led UT in rushing as well.  On the ground McCoy added 561 yards and 11 scores.

Tim Tebow: Tebow was sensational in 2008 after
    winning the Heisman as a sophomore in 2007.  Although Tebow finished just behind Bradford and McCoy in the Heisman voting, Tebow's Heisman run was derailed by the success of his own team.  While the Gators QB was able to pass for 2, 746 yards and 30 TD's, to go along with 673 rushing yards and 12 TD's, big Gator victories actually subdued his stats.  When carrying the Gators on his shoulders in 2007, Tebow rushed for an SEC
    record 23 TD's.

Mark Ingram: http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl … tml?cat=14

Ndamakong Suh

C.J. Spiller

2. dohn121 profile image88

Geez...Sorry about the typo tongue

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Colt has to be the favorite.

4. dohn121 profile image88

Yes.  Colt won more games than ANY college QB EVER.

5. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 7 years ago

Both good QB's -  but y is it always QB'S .. how about the good Wide Outs catching their passes. I personally like seeing Rushers get the Heisman it adds flash to the prospecting NFL team going after them. So many QB's are washups in the NFL.

dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Or a defensive-guy smile  The last defensive-guy to win was Charles Woodson (who's still pretty good) over 10 years ago.  I doubt that Suh will win this year sad  McCoy will most likely win.

6. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 7 years ago

LOL it has to be a pretty lousy senior class or a really good Defensive player for it to not go to a  QB, WR, or RB.

7. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 7 years ago

Wow amazing link there. I would never have guessed that 'Bama has't produced a Heisman winner yet. WOW

dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wouldn't it be something if Ingram won?

8. kingis profile image78
    kingisposted 7 years ago

I think it is Colt McCoy's Heisman to lose.  I see his biggest competition in Alabama's Mark Ingram.

working