jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should the current WWE world heavyweight championship be split into 2 different

1. chinmayXdas profile image83
    chinmayXdasposted 4 years ago

Should the current WWE world heavyweight championship be split into 2 different titles as earlier?

WWE's new policymakers have decided to unify both the World Heavyweight Championship belt and the WWE World Champion title.But, this might be a cold move, as this may not only deprive huge number of superstars from carrying any title, but also increase the expectations of fans from the reigning champion, which the WWE network might not be able to meet.

What are your views on the topic?

2. SamCoolGill profile image60
    SamCoolGillposted 4 years ago

A single person holding both the titles will surely take up a lot of pressure.
    I'm doubtful if many people in WWE can handle it.

3. profile image51
    BhuppiKposted 4 years ago

There should be only one champion.2 people can not be champions on the same battlefield.

4. Shawn McIntyre profile image86
    Shawn McIntyreposted 4 years ago

Back when they had the firm split between Raw and Smackdown, there was obviously a need for two belts, however, since they've essentially gone back to the "one roster" format, having two belts is convoluted at best. They should've unified the belts a long time ago.

For the last 10 years, the WWE's biggest problems have been injuries coming at the worst possible times and losing big stars to MMA. There really isn't enough talent at the moment to support two full rosters.

As for how it will impact the WWE Network; it shouldn't really. The big draw of the network is going to be the cheap PPVs and "classic content", neither of which will be affected by the unification.

At the moment, I'm just waiting to see who they're going to settle on for Taker's opponent at WM.

5. mothman633 profile image60
    mothman633posted 4 years ago

No I personally don't think there should be, there's really no point to it as the world heavyweight title never meant much to begin with. However all the signs lead to them splitting them up again. The simple fact that they haven't made a single championship belt is proof enough. I think we will see this happen sometime after WrestleMania.