jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

"Woods voted top athlete of decade by US editors": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image61
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

WTF? After his sex-a-thon? THIS IS A JOKE and the DECADE isn't even over yet. Talk about something being PREMATURE.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would have to agree, Golf is not exactly a sport that involves athleticism, can you say John Daly?

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image61
        fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years agoin reply to this

John Daly is RATHER fat

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thats my point! Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

2. profile image0
      bloodnlatexposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree that it's too early to name anyone that, but his sex-a-thon shouldn't have anything to do with it.  Look I'm no fan of the game of golf.  But if he can win on the course, and then plow every chick in the gallery when he's done, more power to him.  I agree that he shouldn't win any awards for being a great moral public figure or role model, but that has nothing to do with him playing golf.  There are a ton of other athletes that are pieces of shit off the field, but on the field they are heros.  Look at Michael Jordan, he is looked at as one of the greatest players of all time.  He also happens to have admitted to cheating on his wife multiple times and has gotten into trouble for sports betting and gambling on the golf course.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yeah !! You can look at Maradona as well. his morals are so way of line ! lol

3. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's not premature, because it shouldn't be considered in the first place. As for the Decade isn't even over yet? Actually, on December 2009 is the final month of the Decade, just in case, you didn't know.

A Decade consists of the First 2000 - Dec 2009. That is 10 years. But, I can see how you would say that.

Have a great day! big_smile

4. K Partin profile image59
      K Partinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree, what a shame. It's like they are rewarding the guy for his sex-a-thon!! They should of withdrew his name. Time to make a statement and example out of this guy. This kind of behavior should not be tolerated, I don't care how great a golfer he is! Obviously this has been going on for a long time with what, now 14 women coming forward. Please....... yikes

2. profile image60
    C.J. Wrightposted 7 years ago

I guess it depends on what the guidlines for the award are set up. If its just based on how an athlete performs in his/her sport, then certainly Tiger should be considered. Its not like he was given the good citizenship award or community leadership award.

working