jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you feel about the NFL allowing the use of corporate names for football t

1. TheHoleStory profile image81
    TheHoleStoryposted 3 years ago

How do you feel about the NFL allowing the use of corporate names for football teams in the future?

This practice is already being widely used with sport stadium names for a way of getting extra income.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9171849_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think it's a bad idea. The corporate name would only be used as long as the company is pouring money into the team. As soon as it would decide the sponsorship is no longer profitable or worth the time, the team name would change. Most fans aren't going to want to have to be buying new sports apparel every few years at the whim of corporate sponsors. Yes, they do it for their favorite driver in NASCAR when the team sponsorship changes, but the driver name remains the same. I'm a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan, but I'd stop watching if they went with a corporate logo and name.

3. justom profile image72
    justomposted 3 years ago

They're already corporate shills who file taxes as a non profit. All professional sports are the same in that regard so basically they would just be putting it more in our faces than hiding the facts. At this point I don't care what they do, I'm sure I'll still watch.

4. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 3 years ago

It's just another method they are relying on to generate more income from themselves. At the end of the day, it's not about the fans, it's about cash.

However, in this instance the companies brand is becoming more visual too and they are getting their image out there.

5. Bubblegum Jones profile image59
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 3 years ago

I don't think it's a good idea. This practice has to stop somewhere.

working