jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Recreational Activities...

1. profile image0
    Citrus000posted 7 years ago

This is a pretty open topic so answer it however you want to, It just seemed to me that the forums under the Sports and Recreation category were mostly about sports so just thought I would try and open it up a bit.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Winter here. Snowshoeing, crosscountry skiing, skating, snowboarding big_smile next to downhill sliding and snowball fights tongue lol

3. profile image0

I enjoy camping and hiking as often as I can in the warmer months. I really enjoy spending time in the outdoors, even if its just gardening in my back yard. I really like kayaking and someone suggested that I go ocean kayaking with them in the summer, but I'm not sold on that idea just yet. big_smile  If any of you have any info on ocean kayaking I would be interested in learning more about it.

As far as winter sports, I enjoy cross country skiing. Would like to try downhill and snowboarding but haven't yet. 

Something I would like to do more is travel. I love to go on road trips! smile

I also would like to try paint ball and roller derby, but I hear that they can both be pretty brutal. yikes

4. ftwells profile image58
    ftwellsposted 7 years ago

It is winter here too. Feels kind of strange saying that since it is warm, raining and windy. When there is snow, sliding, sleighing, downhill skiing, building snowpeople, snow forts and tunnels. And no matter the weather, walking the dog. Take care

5. Bill Manning profile image75
    Bill Manningposted 7 years ago

Well I try to jog every few days. Of course I go to the theme parks here in Orlando and do the rides a lot. Universal Studios has great roller coasters! smile

But what I want to do this spring is ski dive in Deland, a small town near Orlando. Never did it and always wanted to. I took flying lessons in Vermont,,, till I ran out of money to finish. hmm

What about you Citrus000, what do you like doing? Sex doesn't count! Oops sorry, you already said that!

1. profile image0
      Citrus000posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sex DOES count big_smile and its one of my favorites...I don't know why I didn't think to mention that. hmm

1. Bill Manning profile image75
        Bill Manningposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well I hope you don't do it with teams of players! lol

1. profile image0

No, no team. My safety is not compromised in that particular activity. Thanks for your concern. smile

6. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 7 years ago

eating lots and lots of ice cream big_smile

7. profile image0

ftwells, I read your bio and it sounds quite lovely where you live. I have never been to Canada, but would like to visit. 

I forgot another favorite, volunteering. I think it is a lot of fun, smile

1. ftwells profile image58
      ftwellsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is quite lovely here. We also find volunteering fun. Where do you volunteer? We assist at a centre for children with autism, (which is a lot of fun). Another place is at one of the local Women's Centres (sometimes not so much fun. It is difficult having to be witness to what other people have to endure).

1. profile image0

I work with kids at the YMCA, and volunteer for the Humane Society. Good times for sure. Thank you for taking the time to volunteer for women, children, and yourself. smile

cosette,
              The Wii is so much fun! I don't have one but sometimes go hang with friends and bowl, or box. Good times.

I truly believe that we only get back what we give out. That my dear is the whole purpose to life, the basis for all religions, and the best recreational activity of all: Giving to others.

To clarify, by others, I mean all living things.

8. profile image0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

tennis, golf, bowling, dancing, baseball. and those are just from the Wii.

outdoor activities include walking in the park by my house and shootin' hoops! smile

working