jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Are you fond of watching a less commonly watched or talked about sport (on TV or

1. NonCopyBook profile image76
    NonCopyBookposted 3 years ago

Are you fond of watching a less commonly watched or talked about sport (on TV or live)?

This might only be at the Olympics haha.. This might also be if you participate in the sport.

2. Besarien profile image85
    Besarienposted 3 years ago

It really depends on whether you consider Project Runway a sport or not. They used to have a poetry competition in the Olympics. I would that on ESPN.

NonCopyBookposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm going to go on a limb and say Project Runway and poetry are not sports! But you say poetry was in the Olympics...?!

2. Besarien profile image85
      Besarienposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I believe the last Olympics where poetry was awarded medals was in the 1940's.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

I am an avid National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) fan since '70. The sport is drag racing. It is shown on ESPN2 and ESPN3 with professional categories. There are four professional classes battling it out to be the winner of the season championship over 24 national events.

The two quickest and fastest classes use nitro-methane for fuel while there engines produce over 10,000 horsepower. They race a distance of 1,000 feet today for safety reasons where as the traditional distance is 1/4 mile. That is the standard still used with all the remaining classes - professional and sportsman.

Those two classes are Top Fuel Dragster and Top Fuel Funny Car. Those cars are built and piloted going that distance at approximately 330MPH in about 4 seconds. The other two professional classes are Pro Stock Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle. Those both race the 1/4 mile distance in less than 7 seconds while powering to 200MPH or more.

I see you know a lot about drag racing - I didn't realise they got that fast that fast....! wink

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yes, i watch sports program during the FIFA or olympic games, once in 4 years, why not?

Yes I am all over the world cup...

working