jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Beckham Badly Injured

1. premierkj profile image67
    premierkjposted 7 years ago

David Beckham was injured tonight during a match and will miss the world cup. It also means he will miss many matches for Los Angeles Galaxy, do you think he is worth his salary?

2. profile image0
    Lecieposted 7 years ago

i think every athlete is worth their weight in gold. they go through so much to keep in shape. they also give up their lives so that every detail is either on tv, radio or the net. i wouldn't ever want to be in their shoes. no matter how much i was paid. i hope he gets better soon.

premierkjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah i understand what you mean, especially for people with such high profiles, Beckham can't leave his house without being followed by photographers. But I still think LA Galaxy have been patient with him and have not really got value for money

3. profile image0
    Lecieposted 7 years ago

his past performance should be value enough. i don't think i've ever heard of an athlete that was never injured at some point. luck tossed him a bad wishbone...so to speak. that doesn't mean that he's not ever going to have his great performance again. just like if you fall off your horse, after weeks or months of healing, you climb right back on. just my thoughts, what's your fav. sport and your fav. athlete of all time?
    mine would be boxing and ali

Yeah I suppose Beckham is rarely injured, but for me he seems to mess Galaxy around. It looks like he doesn't want to be there. They must have a lot of extra cash lting around. My favourite sport is soccer and my favourite player is the Brazilian Ronaldo.

4. Rayalternately profile image61
    Rayalternatelyposted 7 years ago

as much as any footballer is "worth his salary", Beckham is still one of the best you could have. If Galaxy is your club you should feel very lucky to have him. Most world class players wouldn't dream of playing in the USA, as football there's got nothing like the profile it has in the rest of the world, yet there you have a properly great player, setting something of a pioneering path.

5. profile image51
    Henry777posted 7 years ago

I am a football manager in Afirca, I am seaching for partners, can we work as partners?

Henry

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hey there Henry.............. You want a partner huh??? hmm

Do you have a real football or are you using a hackysack? hmm

I suppose you need alot of money to help you manage being a partner and to buy the oranges for halftime??? hmm

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if he is in Nigeria wink

6. Sab Oh profile image59
    Sab Ohposted 7 years ago

Who?

I'm guessing you don't know David Beckham? Are you sure? I find it hard to believe that you haven't heard of him.

7. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Beckham used to be good, and he is still able to plant the ball in to the box with precision. But I agree, whenever I see him play now he never chases after the ball like he used to.

I think he deeply regrets leaving United. He used to work so hard under Fergie and really loved the club. there is a video on youtube 'beckham loves united' that was posted recently. I attached it on a hub but the video says it all about becks relationship with Manchester United

1. Donnacha C profile image73
        Donnacha Cposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think it was clear looking at his face in Old Trafford last week that it was hard for him to be there....Becks is a class player and at the age of 35 he still worths his money. Not just a great player but also a gentleman a true professional. Hope he recovers soon and defies his critics who love seeing him not succeed.

8. thisisoli profile image54
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Apparently he is confirmed as out of the world cup, I think it will be interesting to see how we do without him.

I don't really think it will make a huge difference as long as Aaron Lennon is fit to play...although can you imagine Beckham crossing the ball for Rooney at the moment...goals goals goals

working