jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Men's NCAA Final Four

1. profile image0
    Husky1970posted 6 years ago

Who would you pick for the 4 teams to get to the Final Four in Houston?  Let's get started with this today and keep it going until March.  I'll start with Kansas, Duke, Syracuse, and Villanova.

1. profile image0
      Husky1970posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Feel free to change your picks continuously.  Especially after seeing a team like Pitt impressively holding home court over #3 ranked and undefeated Syracuse or watching undefeated Kansas totally dominate a good Baylor team on the road.

2. AskAshlie3433 profile image57
    AskAshlie3433posted 6 years ago

Syracuse, Minnesota, Ohio State, and BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

Interesting AskAshlie3433.  So you like the Big 10.  BYU?????

1. profile image0

My first change:  Kansas, Pittsburg, Duke, and Syracuse

3. AskAshlie3433 profile image57

I just think they have that all around talent. They have a chance, more then likely not, but look at WVU last year. You just have to play your best ball that time of year.

4. CYBERSUPE profile image59
    CYBERSUPEposted 6 years ago

Watch for the Big East to have 3 teams in the final four. Villanova, Pitt and the OrangeMen

1. profile image0

I think you jinxed these 3 teams.  Syracuse losing to St. Johns, Pitt to Notre Dame, and Villanova to Providence.  Not a good week for them.  But that is what happens in late January and early February in Conference play.  They are still all very capable of making it to Houston.

5. LakeShow T profile image81
    LakeShow Tposted 6 years ago

I think that one thing we've learned in the last 12 years or so is to never overlook Tom Izzo's Michigan St. squad in terms of making the Final Four.

1. profile image0

So true, LakeShow T.  But the Spartans do seem to be reeling a little of late.  Tom Izzo is a great coach though so I look for him to right the ship.

6. LakeShow T profile image81

Jimmer Fredette, the Nation's leading scorer has now put forth 40+ in three of his last four games, including a huge 43 point performance in a win against previously unbeaten San Diego St. The legend of Fredette continues to grow...

1. profile image0

Jimmer could lead BYU to a serious run in the NCAA Tournament much like Stephan Curry did in his final year at Davidson.  I'm changing my Final Four to Duke, Kansas, Ohio State, and UConn.  Ohio State looks very, very strong and I replaced Syracuse and Villanova with the Buckeyes and Huskies.

7. LakeShow T profile image81

I'm not feeling Ohio St. Yes, they're unbeaten, but Big Ten Teams (other than Michigan St.) always flop in the NCAA tourney. I'm not sure how Ohio St. is going to go further after losing Evan Turner, who was the best player in the country last season. They've done some nice recruiting there, but this team doesn't have the experience that one needs come tournament time. With youthful teams throughout many of the major conferences, I think this could be one of those years where there is mass chaos in the tournament and a lot of underdog teams advancing deep.

1. profile image0

I tend to agree with you LakeShow T as you may have noticed that my original Final Four was void of a Big Ten team.  It is time for you to predict a preliminary Final Four for the start of February.  You will be able to change as the month goes on.

8. profile image0
    Husky1970posted 6 years ago

My newest update is Duke, Ohio State, Pitt, and Texas.  It is getting closer and closer.

9. AskAshlie3433 profile image57

Ohio State is much better then I first thought. Look out for the bucs.

working