Superbowl

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (25 posts)
  1. kcreery profile image59
    kcreeryposted 13 years ago

Who will win the superbowl?  The Green Bay Packers or the Pittsburgh Steelers?

2. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

I would say that the Steelers defense appears to have the advantage.  With Mendenhall their offense can move the football.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Both are good team. Rodgers can move the ball and can dance around it. His eyes are moving. Packers are good in both defense and some offense.

It will be a good game. I am rooting for Steelers to win, then next years will be anybodys, LOL

4. KristenGrace profile image59
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

Not a Steelers fan.

Hopefully the Packers.

5. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Well since the Steelers beat my Jets.  Go Packers!

6. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

I think the Steelers have the better wide receivers and an ugly-style playing QB who wins games. Plus, everyone knows the AFC is stronger than the NFC anyway. Steelers by six.

7. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Ben will

8. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

I don't like seeing the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl. I am starting to hate them more and more every year. Is it because they are good? Yes! Give some other team a chance! I'm sure they can't be help but be good. Will Ben win his 3rd championship? I hope not, but the way they are playing I don't see why they wouldn't win.

1. KristenGrace profile image59
      KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Miracles happen everyday smile

9. AskAshlie3433 profile image61
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

Green Bay is going to take this one. Green Bay played four solid quarters. Pittsburgh played one half. This will probably go down to the wire, literally. Green Bay 28 Pittsburgh 24

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Green Bay's defense played 4 good quarters, the offense did not. If they try that against Pittsburgh, they will lose.  Pitt keeps coming atcha, offensively and defensively.  I'm ususally a GB fan, but ya gotta admire what Pitt has done without the big name receivers and the most adulated QB.

10. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

Both teams are pretty evenly matched the one advantage pit has over green bay is at rb. Mendenhal is hard to stop and is playing very well. Starks and kuhn have to be one point for the pack to win and james jones has to stop dropping key passes! I say the pack in a close one 28-27

11. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

Let me just say, as a someone who is not a fan of any particular team, I wouldn't be surprised if both conference finals were fixed

12. I am DB Cooper profile image83
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

I keep looking at this one and I just can't figure out who the better team is. Big Ben has the Super Bowl experience over Rodgers, but I think I actually like the Packers defense over the Steelers'. The Steelers run defense was excellent yesterday, especially in the second half when they were expecting more passes. The pass defense, on the other hand, was terrible in that second half. It's one thing to play in a safe defense to prevent big plays, it's quite another to play in a safe defense and still give up the big plays. The Pittsburgh secondary got picked apart by a sub-par quarterback on Sunday, and they barely hung on to win after being up 3 touchdowns at halftime. They MUST make adjustments before the big game, because Aaron Rodgers is not Mark Sanchez.

I'm going to wait a week and see how some of the injuries on both sides are healing before I make my pick. The Pouncey injury in particular concerns me. He says he'll be ready for the Super Bowl. Center is the most underrated position in football. They are the leaders of the offensive line. They are not only responsible for exchanging the ball with the quarterback, they also control blocking assignments. A team that loses its starting center is worse-off than a team that loses its #1 wide receiver. Look at the near-disasters for Pittsburgh yesterday with Pouncey out of the game.

1. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing Pouncey won't pull a Cutler and wuss out!  He'll probably play no matter how bad he is hurting.

13. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

If it matters, all one has to do is remember, Steelers' qb has already been to the dance and the other hasn't. wink

14. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

This is a very tough game to pick. I think it comes down to a last drive field goal. Pickem!

15. Vcize profile image59
    Vcizeposted 13 years ago

Inevitably, the Steelers' defense will probably win them the game and then everyone will dance in the streets about how great Roethlisberger is when any mediocre QB could win with that defense.

10-19 for 133 yards with 0 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 fumbles, and a safety in the AFC championship game and already the internet is exploding with people lauding Big Ben for "leading" the team to another Super Bowl.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What about how effective QBs decision making plus the execution. Big B is big and tough plus he has the power to leave the pocket so to speak while Rodgers knows when to slide when he is about to be tackled. They can both run, plus dance and not just stand there glance side to side and pass and deliver like Peyton and Tom (LOL) - first name basis.

The ability to be all around and be able to move, run and do it themselves (run to the endzone) are the qualities of these two QBs.

Rodgers is also good, look at the movement of his eyes and feet, then he runs and do it himself.

And finally, the greatness of a football team lies in the cohesiveness of the group, team effort so to speak and the needed ability to win when it is needed the most.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image83
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To be fair, the safety was 100% the center's fault. He snapped it against the inside of his own leg as he tried to sweep to one side for a block. That's what happens when you lose your starting center.  Big Ben had a terrible game against one of the best pass defenses in the game. But I absolutely agree with your point about the defense. Just like all the teams that played this past weekend, the defenses got them there but the quarterbacks were the story. "Defense wins championships, offense sells tickets" is the old motto.

16. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Of course the effin steelers will win it. God I hate them. tongue

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just when I think I couldnt love you anymore than I already do smile you go and help heal my wounds wink

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL nothing will heal my wounds if they effin win. Hey Miss Pretty. xox

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ch, morning, Fine, you hate my Steelers, how have you been?,

1. Rebelwitacause profile image61
            Rebelwitacauseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Packers won. Couldn't watch the game. Why? Because I am a steel worker (Steelers fan) from Wisconsin (Packers fan). My two favorite teams played against each other. Had to not watch it. Life sucks sometimes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)