superbowl winner?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (38 posts)
  1. AskAshlie3433 profile image60
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

WHO WINS IT GUYS?

1. bogerk profile image70
      bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like it to be the Green Bay Packers vs. the New England Patrtiots. Green Bay looks like they might finally have a running game and played ATL on the road all the way to wire in the regular season. New England is impossible to beat at home so that alone should get them to the Super Bowl.

As to who will win the Super Bowl? Well, on a neutral field in DAL where GB fans will travel well, I might actually give GB a slight edge in a dome-type field. They played NE to the wire with their backup QB and I am just not that impressed by the NE pass rush. With enough time, the Packers pass attack can beat any team in the league.

2. Quilligrapher profile image73
    Quilligrapherposted 13 years ago

As always, broadcasters and sponsors.

1. jobister profile image60
      jobisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Best answer ever.

2. gracenotes profile image88
      gracenotesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, good answer.

I am a volunteer for pre-game activities the week of the Super Bowl here.

What a shame that the NFL does not release more tickets to the general public (we were told they only release 1% of tickets).  56% of attendees are corporate decision-makers, so being a host city is more about show-casing your business climate than anything else.

The average, rabid, die-hard fan of a particular team playing in the Super Bowl will be watching at home.

I guess, for most of the attendees, it's just "pick a side to cheer for."  Though I'll have to admit, when I was home watching that Super Bowl between the Patriots and Giants, I was jumping up and down and cheering wildly when the Giants overtook the Patriots.  I'm not a Giants fan, but I do like the underdog making a splash!  If it's an exciting Super Bowl, I guess the stadium does get a little wild.

3. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Not bad. You must be a business man!

4. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

NFC will win again!

5. profile image0
    fit2dayposted 13 years ago

I think this will be one of those years where a wildcard team steals the show, but I must say that this has been one of those years where I've followed football the least, I guess between all the fines for stupid reasons and players being crybabies it's hard to enjoy what is becoming less and less of a warrior sport

6. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Here's my full playoff and Super Bowl prediction (I wanted to get this out there now so I can eat my words gradually as we get closer to the Super Bowl):

I think Baltimore is the strongest of the wild card teams, but they've got some trouble ahead of them. The Jets were actually fortunate to get a wild card game against the Colts instead of the Chiefs. That means they'll be playing indoors (Sanchez is awful in poor weather) and they won't be playing in Kansas City, where the Chiefs lost their only home game this season on Sunday in a meaningless game after they had already clinched. So instead of the Jets, the Chiefs will host the Ravens, who finished with 2 more wins than them in the regular season. That should be a really good game. I think Colts and Chiefs win next week, but they'll both lose the following week to the Steelers and Patriots.

The NFC is a bit more complicated, because every team seems so determined to be mediocre. The Seahawks get to host a playoff game against a team that won 4 more games than them in the regular season. I saw how the Seahawks played last night at home in a must-win game against a team with a losing record, and I wasn't impressed. They'll do much worse against the Saints. The Packers are at the Eagles. The Eagles are almost as bad at home as the Packers are on the road. I'll pick the Packers to win it thanks to a Clay Matthews Jr. forced fumble on Michael Vick. In the following week, the Saints will dismantle the Bears in Chicago while the Packers will stun the Falcons at the Georgia Dome.

In the AFC championship game, I'll take the Patriots over the Steelers. The Pats have just been too darn consistent down the stretch. The Saints will win a close game in New Orleans to repeat as NFC champions. In the Super Bowl, the Patriots and Saints will play close in the first half, but the Patriots will pull away in the third quarter and win by 14.

1. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.

But the Patriots could find themselves playing the Bears or Packers in the Superbowl...possibly the Eagles, if Vick's offensive line steps up..

7. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

The Colts are being overlooked (as they were in 2006).  I wouldn't call them favorites, but they have the following in their favor:

4 game winning streak - accomplished by doing 2 things very well that the experts said they could not do at all; run and stop the run.

Finally they're getting somewhat healthy.  The biggest remaining injury problem is that 3/4 of their starters in the secondary are still out, along with linebacker Clint Session.  The second, third and in one case fourth stringers are improving each week, the corners have been very strong against the run.  Safety Antoine Bethea is one of the surest tacklers in the game.

They have the best pass-rushing ends in the NFL in Freeney and Mathis which means they rarely have to blitz.

Their ground game is now a 4 headed monster with Addai, Brown, Hart, and Rhodes.

Remember, they were one errant throw away from beating the Patriots on their home field; closer than any other team has been since mid season.

There is no other AFC team the Patriots fear as much as the Colts.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image64
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only thing making me a little apprehensive about the Colts is their inability to dominate their opponents, even the weaker ones. They enter the playoffs with a 4-game winning streak, but those 4 wins were by a total of just 20 points, and none of those games were against teams going to the playoffs. Since that close game against the Colts, the Patriots have outscored their opponents (including 3 teams going to the playoffs) 229 to 71.

The Colts had a couple really good wins against good teams in the first half (10 point win over the Chiefs and an absolutely dominating 24 point win over the Giants in week 2), but those have been absent in the second half.

They were close in some of their losses against some good teams, but they were also close in some of their wins against some bad teams. With a little better luck they could have been 13-3 or even 14-2, but with just a little worse luck they could have also easily been 6-10.

With a 4-4 road record, I'm not confident in the Colts should they find themselves in the second or third week of the playoffs.

8. profile image0
    Husky1970posted 13 years ago

The New England Patriots.  Tom Brady has had an MVP year with only 4 interceptions.  Belichick has done an amzing job getting this team to improve from game 1 to game 16.

9. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

It is only natural to say New England but this is a year that is up for grabs. The Pats are hot but so is Pittsburgh. When they last played, Pittsburgh didn't play good ball. The Saints go to Seattle. They will move on. You can't count out the Colts. Manning has the experience but he is missing a cast of playmakers. Chicago and Green Bay have a shot. The Jets were the best team at the start of the season. This year will be a toss up. It will be decided by offense this year. If you look, most these teams are the top defenses in the NFL. It will be an AFC team, either New England or Pittsburgh. The AFC is too tough.

10. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

The  word for the Superbowl 2011 is "New" - so the team with that word in their name will be up against each other!

I still like Steelers to win though...

The wildcards can upset, who knows.

11. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

I go for Brady and the Pats. The Saints and Colts are gone. Seattle goes no further. Wildcards are the worse playoff games to predict. They upset someone every year. It's just history repeating itself, with the Saints. Phily is on a downslide and so is Baltimore. The Ravens will take Kansas City, they have a better defense and offense, slightly. The Chiefs are tough at home. Green Bay beat Phily, earlier in the season. Phily will be ready this time. When Vick came in to the game, he was the backup. He soon became the starter. Its all up to Vick or Rogers. Turnovers will decide this game. It will be cold in Phily, probably a slight advantage to the Packers.

12. jobister profile image60
    jobisterposted 13 years ago

Its going to be between the two best teams in the NFL throughout the season. Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons. Patriots will take it all unless of course the Jets surprise them in the upcoming divisional playoff game which they can.

13. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

The Jets beat them earlier, but I think the Patriots are a better team now, a lot better. But like you said, anything can happen in the NFL. Look at this weekend. The two teams in the big dance last year are gone in the same weekend. As far as the NFC, I like Atlanta and Green Bay.

14. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image71
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

Three of the four teams I picked for the conference championships in the preseason are still alive.

15. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Who do you think will move on next weekend?

16. profile image58
    nicepix4uposted 13 years ago

I think the best one will win or ? ;-)

17. jantamaya profile image61
    jantamayaposted 13 years ago

Patriots are going to win the Superbowl (I wished Eagles, but they... %^&*(*&^%$#@ hmmm).

18. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

The only team capable of beating the Pats are the Steelers. Year in and year out, they are in the mix. They have a shot, but New England is at home. Here, they are tough.

19. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4426798_f248.jpg

smile PLS... Belichick - ick - ick - ick

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I couldnt agree with you more. ..

ick ick ick  .
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4427988_f248.jpg

20. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

Nice picture prettydarkhorse! Don't think he is having a good day here.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think he is always serious

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4427297_f248.jpg

how about that??

21. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I am pickin the Seahawks for the hell of it !

Im with you on that one Tony . .

The weekend for the underdogs!

22. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

poor ole Rex

care to back that poor old rex statement up?

Or did you mean poor old Belichick? Amazing how a picture says a thousand words! And this picture was taken before half time, it didnt get better for him, now did it.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4438896_f248.jpg

(AP Photo/Winslow Townson)

And the New York Jets take one more step towards a trip to Dallas.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4438974_f248.jpg
      Jan 16, 2011; Foxboro, MA, USA; New York Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez (6) celebrates a touchdown during the fourth quarter of the 2011 AFC divisional playoff game against the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Stew Milne-US PRESSWIRE

23. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

So much for my Seahawks prediction. As long as the Pats have been bounced out I am happy.

24. profile image53
    RewNFLposted 13 years ago

Packer at Bears

packers offense has all the momentum going into this game. but Bears have a similar style defense than ATL and PHI. 4-3 aggressive Defenses with athletic D-ends( Abraham, Cole, and now Peppers.)

the packers struggled on special teams, so Hester could be the factor. but i dont trust Cutler against that red hot defense.
    packers 35-21.

J.E.T.S. vs Steelers

Two hard nose 3-4's, tough to call i like big ben over sanchez, thats the main factor to me here. pit 17-13

Packers vs Steelers
    cant wait
    packers 28-23

25. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

At this stage, I'll take the Steelers, although I'm pulling for the jets to play the Packers. Packers are just so hot right now.  Can't pick against them, even the the Bears have a championship caliber defense.

26. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

I think it will be GB and Pitt, but I think Pitt's defense will be too much for Rodgers, he'll choke on the big stage.

27. AskAshlie3433 profile image60

PITT AND GREEN BAY.. I keep coming back here every week, changing my picks. Packers win the SuperBowl! Maybe Pittsburgh, either one. lol No, Packers

lol. . just dont pick the Jets smile

28. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 13 years ago

Bears vs Jets in the SB Bears Win 24-17 smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)