DOES GREEN BAY REPEAT?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (19 posts)
  1. AskAshlie3433 profile image61
    AskAshlie3433posted 13 years ago

If they do get to play next year, does Green Bay repeat?

1. jenniferg78 profile image61
      jenniferg78posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lots of winners of the Super bowl in the past few years have either not made it to the playoffs the next year, or lost in the first round. If the season happens (please CBA, please please please), the odds are against them. Then again, with a healthy team and Aaron Rodgers continuing to play like he did, they have good odds to repeat.

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know but onions certainly do! Lol

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No

2. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

I would say they have a much better chance than most recent Super Bowl winners. They were handicapped by injuries all year long (including in the Super Bowl) and they still won. With a healthy team next season, I think they could improve on their regular season record by 2 to 4 wins and get home field through the playoffs.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

they have a chance if they dont get raped by free agency!

4. wavegirl22 profile image47
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

The future is bright for Titletown.
    They are a young team and with Aaron Rodgers whom I believe is already is a top 5 QB, in time will only be even better.

We still don't know if there will be a 2011 season and many things will change in the next 12 months, but right now the Packers seem to have the best chance to be a contender again, and probably more so than any team has had in years.

Of course my Jets will be right up there fighting for the trophy next year. Bottom line is the way the Pack looked this whole year you gotta think they will be back. (GB lost six games yet in each game they were competitive. They never trailed by more than seven points in the entire regular season, which is probably one of the most impressive NFL facts ever.)

At least the Packers are a team, that even if you arent a Green Bay fan, they are easy to root for. Hard not to love them and all that they did this season, and all that they do to give back to the community.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4586917_f248.jpg

5. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

The season will happen and Green Bay will not repeat, but they will be a contender for a while. They could easily win another soon.

6. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

I honestly don't think they will, but they do have a great shot at it; considering they're going to get all their players back from injuries.  However, you have to remember they still have to contend with the Bears, within their own division.  Plus, I don't expect the Cowboys to suck again, as you know they're going to be more motivated in the NFC more next season.  Therefore, I doubt they will. However, I would love to see them do it though, as I think Rodgers and the Packers have a great shot at it. smile

7. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Here's some food for thought: the Packers played 20 games this season (not counting preseason). They never lost any of those games by more than 6 points. I would imagine they are the first team ever to do that (most teams with dominating seasons would be a #1 or #2 seed and therefore not play in the wild card round of the playoffs).

The Packers were far more dominating than their 10-6 regular season record indicated. They finished one game behind the Bears in the division, despite having a point differential 100 points above the Bears. The Packers may have appeared to have fallen into a championship this year, being just the third team to reach a Super Bowl after a 10-6 regular season (those 3 teams are 3-0 in Super Bowls, by the way), but they are the only team in the NFL that was in contention to win EVERY single game they played in (for all 4 quarters) this year.

If the Packers can avoid any major free agency losses and they can stay healthy, there's no reason not to consider them the favorites next year.

8. AskAshlie3433 profile image61

I didn't know that D.B. I agree, they have a better shot then anyone else had. If you look at the NFC picture, they really are nobody that stands out to me. Chicago and Phily can't beat a Packer team next year. I see them running through opponents like Cincinnatti loses games. 15 players on IR. Most were starters. Next year, they repeat.

9. trickyricky2010 profile image57
    trickyricky2010posted 13 years ago

Yes they do. They will win 3 of the next 6. Rodgers will end up with 4 and one more when he is traded for a first round pick in 2019

10. trickyricky2010 profile image57
    trickyricky2010posted 13 years ago

I see it in my crystal ball. No joke.

11. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Rodgers will miss too many games due to concussions and the backup can't get it done.  Their defense will carry them again to the playoffs where they will lose to Detroit.

12. AskAshlie3433 profile image61

Detroit? This ain't baseball. Football! I am playing logic. On the serious, Detroit played pretty good down the stretch. Stafford is a great QB, if he can stay healthy. Stan played pretty good as well. That is a concern for Rodgers though. I forgot about that. He had two I believe. Once they get the normql line back, he should be well protected.

13. LakeShow T profile image74
    LakeShow Tposted 13 years ago

I think the Packers have a chance to repeat, especially considering they will have the luxury of starting next season with all the good players they were without during various points this season. With that said however, it seems like every year many believe that the Super Bowl Champ will be in line to repeat the next season and, often times, they don't even make the playoffs the next season for one reason or another. Don't get me wrong, I think the Pack will make the playoffs in part because I believe the Bears will be a non-factor next season--they often have one great year and follow it up with a dud the next. Then the Vikings don't have a set direction they are headed in yet, and the Lions are on the rise but they probably will not be ready to actually make the playoffs. With those things in mind, I'd expect the Pack to take the NFC North and make the playoffs.

The NFC was pretty weak this season. With so much parity in the league, it is anyone's game next year just as it is any year. The Packers could make the Super Bowl and lose to the Colts playing at their home venue. They could also make the Super Bowl and lose to the refueling Patriots. They could lose to the Jets if the the Jets were to make it and keep the ball out of Rodgers hands with the running game. After watching this year's Super Bowl I think the Jets would have beaten the Pack if they would have made it because they would not have beaten themselves like the Steelers did. The Ravens could make it, Anyone...

The point is that there are too many obstacles in a league filled with parity to pronounce someone a  sure winner or even a favorite for the next season. Just look at teams like the Vikings, Cowboys, Colts, and Saints. Many believed they were the teams to beat going into the season and they ended up flopping.

14. AskAshlie3433 profile image61

Lake, you are right. They had a lot of starters out. They will be better next year, then they were this years. I would say their odds are high.

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
      wavegirl22posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ashlie - I agree  . .especially when Tim so eloquently said . ..

15. AskAshlie3433 profile image61

Thanks wave. They better not count out your Jets either. Two straight afc champ. appearances. They will have the experience to cross the hump nest year.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)