Can the Heat sweep the Celtics and shock the world?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (106 posts)
  1. ThinkLoud profile image61
    ThinkLoudposted 13 years ago

I believe that if (when) Miami wins game 1 in Miami and get the psychological momentum that they will need to win game 2, Boston will be wore out game 3 and 4.

1. LakeShow T profile image75
      LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Heat "sweep" the Celtics? Is that a serious thought?

I think the Heat have a chance to win the series only because they have home-court, simply due to the fact the Celtics didn't care about home-court. With that said however, I expect the Celtics to win this series in 6 games. The Celtics have more team chemistry than any team in the NBA and that is something the Heat still lacks. The Celtics are also deeper and better coached. The Celtics will make this a half-court game and force LeBron and Wade to play one on five type of basketball, at which point the Heat would be playing right into the Celtics hands and inpenetrable defense. The Celtics also won 3 of the 4 meetings this season.

ThinkLoudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@LakeShow T  it is a serious thought, although "very" likely not to happen. LeBron and Wade won't be playing one on one basketball, but they will have to play at the top of their level on a nightly basis (at least one of them ). Bosh will have to play "big", Joel Anthony will need to provide at least 8 points offensively and 10 rebounds total. Chalmers and James Jones will have to knock down a three ball early to keep the Celtic defense honest. If young Coach Spoelstra can orchestrate a "steady" run and gun offensive strategy and a in your face defensive strategy, WHO KNOWS.

2. Senor Habenero profile image59
      Senor Habeneroposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No Not at all, because the Celtics are a veteran team and have beat the Heat in the past  so there is no way there could be a sweep but the idea that they could lose is  a possibility

3. profile image54
      John Rileyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  2. profile image57
    moman32posted 13 years ago

You have way more faith in the Miami Heat than I do, my friend. The Celtics live for this time of year. More than any team in recent history, they seem to truly have that "switch" to turn on and get serious come playoff time. Miami? They just aren't there yet. At least not on the Celtics' level. 

My take? Boston in six. Lebron will put on a show, but the Heat will have no answer for Rajon Rondo.

I have more faith in the Miami Heat than most people do. I don't and won't take anything from the Celtics, they have proven to be a great "team". This is why Rajon Rondo, who would be Mo Williams if he was playing for any other team is so good. The "big 3" made Rondo what he is today. 

I agree that Lebron will put on a show, but I am looking for the Heat to put constant pressure on Rondo from the time the ball is inbounded. Make him play ball before he gets to the other half of the court. Make him make decisions while being hassled, not letting him walk the ball up while focusing on Pierce, Garnett and Allen.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, i was going to debate with you until you compared Rondo to Mo Williams, as that just plainly shows you OBVIOUSLY don't know what you're talking about.  therefore, it would be pointless to debate with you.  no offense, but im just saying.  however, i still favor boston in six games, but i wouldn't be surprised if the heat pull off an upset by winning in six or seven games.  besides, the celtics aren't as good defensively without kendrick perkins...

Lol I wasn't tryna say that he would be "Mo Williams" exactly, but he wouldn't be the RONDO that he is.  Heat 1-0 Holla at me.

LakeShow Tposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the early stages of his career, the Celtics big 3 may have played a huge role in shaping Rondo into caliber of player he is right now, but let me tell you that Rondo is the engine that makes that Celtics team run in the present day. In my opinion, he's the best player on the team. He's the one who gets everyone open looks and easy baskets, especially now that the big 3 are older now and cannot create their own shots as well as they could in their primes. He's also a 1st team All-NBA Defensive player. As he goes, the Celtics go and it's been that way for the last year. You could even see it in the game today as Rondo was in foul trouble the whole first half and the Heat broke open their big lead and the Celtics went on a big drought as soon as Rondo went out.

Going forward, I do not see the Heat employing the constant pressure to Rondo that you alluded to. First off, that's opposite of what most opposing teams do against the Celtics because they have so many weapons and Rondo has such great court vision he would pick such a defense apart. Second, keep in mind that Wade already has the job of chasing Ray Allen around the court. The Heat are not very deep, so they're not going to have LeBron James chasing Rondo around and wear him down. Mike Bibby surely cannot chase Rondo around at this point in his career and Mario Chalmers would not have much of a chance either.

I just think the Celtics and Rondo present too many dilemmas for the Heat to beat them four times unless the officiating continues to be as inconsistently one-sided as it was in game 1. That was a joke and I am saying that as a fan of the Lakers-- not the Celtics.

As for Mo Williams, he could not be much more different as a point guard when compared to Rondo in terms of how they play. Mo Williams is not a bad player though either. He was pretty good when he played for the Bucks. Then he was good but not much more than that when he played with LeBron. When LeBron left the Cavs, he didn't seem to care about playing basketball. Then when he got traded to the Clippers he became good again, so it's not like he was just good because LeBron made him good.

"In the early stages of his career, the Celtics big 3 may have played a huge role in shaping Rondo into caliber of player he is right now"

That is basically what I was eluding too. I'm not trying to take anything away from Rondo at all. I respect how hard he works and the ROLE that he plays for the Celtics. Being a point guard for an all-star team (Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett) has to be a plus to ANY point guards game. Being coached by a well respected coach (a players coach) doesn't hurt either.

Rondo is tough, talented and makes good "decisions" with the ball. Im just more than sure that his decision making has been "groomed" by the big EXPERIENCED 3 and Coach. That is not a knock on Rondo, more so a nod to his intelligence. He has made an impact since the beginning of his run in Boston. In his first two years he averaged just under 9 points and 5 assist per game. And in the his previous two years 13 points 9 rebounds per game.

I may have jumped out there with the Mo Williams comparison. So let's just say he would be a "Jason Kidd" (13 points, 9 assist, career avg.) Who is a hell of a point guard and definite asset to any team, but does not have a championship ring.

What separates Rondo from most is the fact that he is a pest (energy, energy, energy)

On another note:

Speaking of Jason Kidd. What you need to be worried about is tonights game. (LAKERS FAN)  Yall have a challenge on your hands tonight with the MAVS. Will be interested in hearing your comments or excuses on the 0-1 series start.

2. profile image0
            Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but it's only one freaking game out a best of seven series.  Therefore, winning game one doesn't mean crap.  sure, statistics may favor the heat now, as 70 percent of the teams that win game 1 often go on to win the series.  However, as the lakers showed in the first round against the hornets, that's not always the case.  Therefore, how do you know the Celtics won't come back to beat your Heat in 5 games?  It happened before.  Just ask Lakeshow, on how the Michael Jordan led Bulls lost game 1, in the finals, to Magic Johnson's Lakers, then only to have the Bulls whoop the Lakers in like what....5 games?  Therefore, lets just wait and see shall we?

LakeShow Tposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Those Bulls teams were almost impossible to beat because they played almost every minute of every game to the fullest and Jordan would always find a way to win any game that was close at the end. The only time someone had them on the ropes was that Pacers team that pushed them to 7 games in Jordan/Pippen/Jackson's final championship season with the Bulls.

3. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

heat win in 6! It will be a good series and every game should be close.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Boston in six, if not a 4 game sweep. tongue

Guess you won't be gettn ur 4 game sweep!!!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No sh!t, really. lol It was posted as a joke. I don't watch basketball nor am I a fan of the sport either. Those who know me, know it was a joke. lol

5. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

It is a possibility. Celtics is hard to beat spec if Rondo plays well!

6. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 13 years ago

No sweep. But.  Winning game one is big for the Heat.  The Celtics miss Perkins...

winning game two is even bigger. Im bringing my broom to Boston.

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

This will become clearer after two games in Boston. Pierce and Allen should contribute more.

8. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

my favorite play last night was labron spinning around rando as rando falls to the ground! If you saw the thunder game last night you could hear "thanks for perkins,suckaaaaaaaa's" lol

ThinkLoudposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol. What a gift.

9. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

When the Celtics let Perkins go, they must have had a good reason.  They have great management.  I'd love to know what they were thinking.  Maybe they thought Shack would provide them a better matchup against Orlando....Probably never thought Atlanta would get through Orlando....

Shaq couldnt provide them a better matchup against anyone. Shaq's better days are behind him.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with thinkloud here about shaq.  Unless the Celtics somehow believe that Shaq will become the Shaq of old, then I doubt he'd be a great matchup for anyone.  At this point in his career, he's a backup center at best.

Plus, if you actually followed ESPN a lot, the main reason why the Celtics traded away Perkins was because he refused to sign an extension during the regular season.  And in light of how LeBron James did the exact same thing in Cleveland, the Celtics didn't want to risk losing him for virtually nothing like they did.  However, unlike the Cavs, the Celtics are old team anyway, and it's not like they couldn't have afforded the risk.  besides, as old as the big three is, this could be their last year to legitimately compete anyway.

10. LakeShow T profile image75
    LakeShow Tposted 12 years ago

First off here, I'm going to say I am surprised the Heat have jumped out to a 2-0 lead against the Celtics. Very surprised. They have certainly come together at just the right time. Almost like they have just flipped the switch. Although I believe ThinkLoud should go to Vegas or buy a lottery ticket because of the fact that his bold prediction that seemed crazy at the time has held up at this point, I still believe the Celtics will fight to make this a series.

As for the ShaQ debate, he cannot do much at this point in his career. I also have to criticize him for his inability to or lack of interest to stay on the court and play, whichever it is. But, I believe his enormous presence would make a huge difference in the paint if the Celtics would be able to keep it a half-court game. Even if LeBron and Wade would continue to beat their defenders off the dribble they would still have to contend with ShaQ in the paint and that's tough for anyone. ShaQ's presence would likely make LeBron and Wade settle for mid-range jump shots rather than getting to the rim on many occasions, unless they wanted to take a beating, which I am not sure they do unless the game is on the line and ShaQ would not be in the game at that time anyways.

When it comes to Kendrick Perkins, Steven is right about that situation and why the Celtics let him go. I also believe the Celtics thought that they had started off the season so well without Perkins for the first couple months that they did not need him. What has ended up happening is that the Celtics have also worn down as the season has gone along, in particular Pierce, Garnett, and ShaQ. Rondo has also been playing with several nagging injuries throughout the season. All together, things just have not worked out the way the Celtics and many people who follow them thought they would this year.

The NBA wants Boston to make it a series too LakeShow, but I don't know if they have the "gas" (with prices up in all).

Spirits are low in Boston and Miami is riding a super high. Look for Joel Anthony to put up 15 points in game 3 and be the difference.

If Perkins was still around it would be 1-1 I'm sure. Owners have to be pulling there hair out.

Wish I was in Vegas LakeShow n my buddy probably does too. He's a HUGE Boston fan and I'm taking all of his "GREEN"$$$.  Lol he wants to double up for the Boston home game.

You are right about "ShaQ's presence would likely make LeBron and Wade settle for mid-range jump shots rather than getting to the rim on many occasions, unless they wanted to take a BEATING. With his career quickly approaching it's end, he will beat you before he lets you get a dunk/layup on him.

That is a great point about the NBA wanting to make this a longer series. This afterall was supposed to be the most compelling series of all of the NBA playoffs and the league would not be maximizing its revenue if the series only went 4 or 5 games. I would expect the Celtics to get some calls (or the Heat to get less calls) in the next two games.

If Joel Anthony scores anywhere close to 15 points in any game, you really need to stop what you're doing and head out to Vegas ASAP. LoL.

2. ThinkLoud profile image61

We stealing one tonight LakeShow T.  3-0 Heat, Might wanna change to HeatShow T. Them Lakers look sad. sad

Joel Anthony with 10 points at halftime too. LoL

You're psychic aren't you? No other way to explain these insane predictions coming to life...LoL

Bosh lost the game for us. He let Garnett cook him for 28 and 18 rebs. I hope Wade, Lebron and "Joel Anthony" get in his business about that.

That was an odd game from Bosh. He certainly had his share of disappearing acts throughout the season but this was extreme. He wasn't aggressive, they didn't even try to get him the ball, Garnett destroyed him, and the team just gave up on him and took him out of the game. That was odd.

Chalmers and Anthony were very good. We probably will not see much more of Ilgauskus or Bibby, which is likely a good thing for the Heat.

LeBron was really taken out of this game as well. It's rare to see him have a game like that. Very rare.

11. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Ever since Lebron signed up, all teams have played the heat as if they were in the playoffs. Not much of a surprise that they are playing so well now. Anthony rocks! He is super talented and down to earth! You know you have a superteam when your non-star players are as good as Chalmers and Jones. As of Ilgauskas, I don't really care about him. He's a very slow, seems to be asleep all the time. GO HEAT!

12. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a232/andymac23/MichaelJordanLebronSucks.jpg

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5009035_f248.jpg

13. Greek One profile image62

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2011/3/9/7/enhanced-buzz-17133-1299675264-15.jpg

14. profile image0

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5009090_f248.jpg

OUCH!

15. profile image0

We'll get'em on game 4! You'll see!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Klara, wa happened to Lebron and Bosh? You've got the spirit girl..

Yes we will Klara. Yes we will.

16. ohsoamberx profile image60
    ohsoamberxposted 12 years ago

I hope the heat gets beat!

So does Boston. Too bad hope doesn't win ballgames. lol

1. profile image0

Thinkloud, i know you like to make predictions, but know this, and I'll say it here first. Now, I'll admit you were right about the Heat being able to dominate Boston because they're old.  However, I've been watching all the playoff games thus far, and I have to tell you that the Bulls have the talent to not only beat the Heat...they have the talent to embarass the living hell out of them.  Unlike Boston that's old, the Bulls are a very young and athletic teams.  Now before you argue saying they lack championship experience, I have news for you.  Most of the Bulls key players played on championship college teams, so they know what it takes to win.  Plus, lets face it, we both know that college playoff basketball is way harder than the nba playoffs, as they don't do that sissy best of seven crap.  No, in the ncaa, it's do or die in every playoff game.  Lose one game and your out.  Now that's a real playoff system right there.  Therefore, the Bulls will win the series against the Heat in the next series.

Granted, I do expect the Hawks and Bulls to play seven games, but I expect the Bulls to win that series, due to their dominating defense and the Hawks inconsistency.  Therefore, I predict the Heat will lose to the Bulls in six games in the next series. I guarantee it. wink

Well now that you know who will be winning the Miami/Boston series. I guess you and all of the other Heat Haters will be willing the Bulls to victory. But the Bulls have to get passed the Hawks first. That 3-2 series lead is not a comfortable series lead. I can see the Hawks winning the last two games and putting the Bulls out of it. I DON'T predict that it will happen, but the Bulls have been fighting hard all playoffs long and haven't convinced me that they are championship material. Hats off the D.Rose, but he won't have enough gas to make it through Miami. Heat in 5 vs. the Bulls and Sweep vs Hawks.

The Bulls are a young team, but so is Miami. We have more heart and talent. Boozer is not the Boozer of Utah. Noah will foul out after being dunked on repeatedly. Deng will have to be the difference maker, because we will have Rose number.

Keep dreaming, hoping and wishing. Try to predict the who's coming out of the West. The East has already been decided.

1. profile image0

First of all, I'm not a Heat hater, as I honestly don't give two cents to a rat's a** if they win the title or not.  I'm just telling you that because it's the damn truth.  If you don't like it, then too bad.  Get over it.  It's not my fault if the truth hurts that the Heat are over rated. wink  Besides, you fail to forget that the Heat have two things working against them.  One they don't have a great point guard; which is why you'll always notice teams with great HEALTHY point guards always dominate against them.  Another flaw they have is their a rather thin team, with hardly any depth outside their starters.  If anything, whenever the starters have a bad game, they always lose.  The only reason why they're dominating the Celtics is because they're old, rajon rondo is hurt, AND they traded away Kendrick Perkins; which depleted their front court.  The Chicago Bulls are the top defensive team in the league, as the only flaw they have is that they have a tendency to suffer scoring droughts sometimes.  Even when they go through those, they're still in the damn games because of their defense.  Plus, I'm still not convinced Miami has what it takes to win it all, as they have yet to win a close game.  Sure, they know how to take a lead and keep it there but they can never win a game whenever it comes down to making a final winning basket down the stretch.  Why?  Because LeBron "Queen" James wants to be the hero all the time, and doesn't give the ball to Wade (like he should) who's proven to make the clutch shots when they count. 

Just saying.  Besides, if you're so confident that I'm wrong, then why don't we put a little wager on this then.  The winner gets to decide what the other one will write for a hub.  Is that a deal?

1. profile image0

Steven, you just broke my heart!

We will see how far we go! I have a lot of confidence in my hometeam! smile

1. profile image0

Aw I'm sorry Klara, i wasn't trying to break your heart there. I was just messing with thinkloud that's all.  Sorry, i wasn't thinking there for  a minute.

2. LakeShow T profile image75

Yeah, that injury to Rondo made a pretty big difference. It would be hard to imagine the Celtics melting down in game 4 or 5 the way they did had Rondo not suffered that dislocated elbow. I'm not saying the Heat wouldn't have won the series anyways in 7 games, but the Rondo injury was huge. I don't think missing Perkins would have been a big deal if ShaQ would have cared enough to play throughout the series.

2. LakeShow T profile image75

I don't know. I do not like the Bulls, but I'll be rooting for them against the Heat. With that said, I like the fact the Bulls have home-court advantage but that's about it. It is hard for me to imagine the Bulls beating the Heat. Carlos Boozer is absolutely horrible and as soft of a player as they come. Joakim Noah could've helped the Bulls a ton with his energy and his interior defense but he has not been the same over the last few months after suffering numerous injuries this season. He'lll surely be in foul trouble every game. In addition to all of that, the Bulls have not played well at all in this postseason and the league is going to do whatever it can to continue to push the Heat to the finals.

1. profile image0

You're right about Boozer, but he's still averaging a double digit rebounding numbers, and he provides extra body in the low post.  Therefore, he's still making an impact on the game.  Besides, according to your logic, then I guess Rasheed Wallace sucked back when he won a title with the Pistons; considering his offensive stats were down too, huh?  wink 

Look, I still stand by what I said.  I know the Bulls could get eliminated by Atlanta, as the Hawks are a good team, but I know the Bulls are good enough to beat them, and the Hawks are way too inconsistent and arrogant sometimes; hence it'll cost them the series. 

Plus, if you look at the Heat's stats in games decided in 5 points or less, they still struggle in those types of games.  Why?  Because Princess James always hogs the ball for the last damn shot; instead of giving it to Wade like HE SHOULD, as we know he can make the clutch shots when they count.  That should tell you right there that LeBron still hasn't come to realize that the Heat is still Wade's team.  Meanwhile on the Bulls, there's no dispute who the captain is as we all Rose is the captain along with Noah, so there's no issues. 

Another thing to consider here is that Chris Bosh ADMITTED he was scared of how physical Garnett was with him in the one game the Celtics won.  I'm sorry...did he say he was scared?  I shutter to think what would've happened had the Celtics never would've traded away Perkins, their enforcer inside, as he probably would've beat up on him throughout the series along with Garnett.  Therefore, what do you think the Bulls will do to Bosh?  Bosh doesn't like to play physical defense, and you know that Boozer and Noah will dominate against Bosh, as Bosh is nothing without Wade and LeBron.

What I am saying is this: Carlos Boozer has torn ligaments in his toe and he is well known for taking a long time to recover from injuries. He's only playing right now because the team wants him to play through this. If it was up to him, I don't think he'd be playing. He's averaging something around 11pts and 9 rebounds in the postseason, which is even way down from the largely disappointing numbers he put forth in the regular season.

Boozer is the highest PAID player on the Bulls. I believe he has a max contract. As such, it's a problem that the Bulls have not had confidence in him to even play him during key points in games during the regular season and playoffs.

That's where Boozer and Rasheed Wallace differ. Wallace was an outstanding defensive player and was very good at blocking shots and stealing the ball. He was also a big threat from three-point range. Bottom line is that Wallace was a tough player. As for Boozer, he is known for being a 20/10 guy and nothing else. He doesn't block, he doesn't steal, he doesn't draw defenders out to the perimeter, and he doesn't understand defense-- despite all of the great coaches he has played for. In fact the Bulls take him out in the latter stages of every game because of his poor defense. Insert Taj Gibson. So, when that 20/10 guy turns into an 11/9 guy there is a problem. Yes, 9 rebounds isn't too shabby but many of those are just taking away from rebounds Joakim Noah would have had instead.

As for the rest of the matchup of the Bulls and Heat I like your points. I think the Bulls can take it, but they're going to need guys like Deng and Korver to be consistently solid, which both have been this year.

Thinking about it now, I believe the Bulls won at least 3 games against the Heat this year (perhaps swept them) so I am getting more excited for this probable match.  I guess my reasoning may have been skewd earlier because I didn't think there was any way the Heat would win the series against the Celtics and the Heat are playing their best ball of the season right now.

17. optimus grimlock profile image59

they need to up there shit talkin it will help against pierce hes not good in that environment.

18. profile image0

Come ON HEAT!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

19. profile image0

We've done it again! Tomorrow we will do it again!

20. profile image0

OHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

IN YOUR FACE BOSTON!!!! MWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!!!!

lol lol lol

21. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

turn overs and injuries caught up with the Celtics

1. profile image0

The Celtics did a great job. Rondo was incredible! But the Heat added more pressure towards the last quarter and finished them off. It was a very, very joyous day for those of us who live in Miami.

22. Greek One profile image62

Miami has a basketball team???

tongue

1. profile image0

Yeah, but I've heard it's not as good as the RAPTORS from Canada. hmm

1. Greek One profile image62
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that's why you try to steal all our players smile

1. profile image0

We don't steal them! They just fly south when it gets too cold up north. smile

better be careful, because ironically enough, their level of play also goes south when the playoffs get too hot smile

1. profile image0

We shall see what happens. wink

said the man just before munch'n on the large chicken bone tongue

1. profile image0

it's SO HOT here right now! Almost 90 degrees! I should be heading to the beach.

it's 60 in my office and I am sweating.

please mail me a taco?

23. optimus grimlock profile image59

boozer is tougher then noah, thats not sayin much tho! The bulls hawks series is so hard to watch and the winner is likely to get beat in 5 games!

I'd have to disagree that Boozer is tougher than Noah. Noah is a pretty bad boy and as scrappy of a player as they come. He also irritates opponents like crazy. Both are injury prone--Noah because of how hard he plays and Boozer because he is weak.

1. optimus grimlock profile image59
        optimus grimlockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ok that response reveales 1 thing you dont watch much basketball. boozer isnt as physical as he used to be but hes just as tough as glassman noah

That's funny.

24. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

The HEAT are gong to sizzle and scorch everybody...then after they win the championship, the entire city will go out act like lunatics, drink till we puke and sleep it off all day..GO HEAT!!!!

Well, if the Heat do win the Championship I'm sure that will in fact be the case. After all, the fans feed off the team. And the fact the team celebrated after their series win in Rd. 2 over Boston like they had just won the NBA title leads one to wonder what extremes the celebration will go to if/as they continue to move on in the playoffs.

I know it's going to be one heck of a celebration. That's for certain. I've known that throughout the season after LeBron, Wade, and Bosh have celebrated after each made basket like they were rockstars with all of the posing and theatrics.

All of this should be of no surprise though after that celebration the team held after LeBron and Bosh joined the Heat. All of the lights, fireworks, dancing, posing, flexing, and promises of more than 7 championships. That in and of itself was an epic celebration. Unprecedented in fact. Certainly, all tell-tale signs that good times were ahead.

1. profile image0

Yeah, but they haven't won anything yet, so they shouldn't be celebrating as early as they have been.  Sure, if they win, you know ESPN commentators and writers will undoubtedly try to say they're the greatest team of all time.  But if they lose....then it just makes them look like idiots.  Take a look at what happened with the Patriots and Giants Superbowl a while back.  Everyone was practically naming the Patriots the greatest NFL team ever assembled that year, and anointing them the champions before the game was even started.  Hell, Tom Brady and Bill Billichick didn't feel a bit sorry for the other NFL teams when they kept running up the score on during the regular season.  Forcing many to coaches to endure watching their teams get blown out.  Then when the Giants faced them, they knocked them down like nobodies business, and the Patriots were left for that one title run looking like premaddonna cry babies that finally got what they deserved for that year. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't despise the Patriots or Billichick.  I'm just saying they got what they deserved for acting arrogant that year, when they got punched figuratively in the mouth by the Giants team that had nothing to lose. 

Right now the Heat are acting like the champions before they even won anything, which is bad news for them.  As any team they face from here on out, have NOTHING to lose against them, and everything in the world to gain.  meaning that all the pressure is on Miami to win the title this year, as they're the ones talking the loudest.  Sure, they'll come off looking great if they deliver on their precelebration promises but if they lose, then they're going to learn a hard lesson in humility.  thats all im going to say about that.

1. profile image0

What makes you think that the Heat are acting like champions? That might be what you see from outside. Here in Miami what we've seen has been one after another trial, where every team has played them with the intensity of playoff games since game one, and where they've had to deal with the booing of crowds wherever they've gone. Granted that they made a big deal about Bosh and Lebron joining the team. Fine, I can understand how that might have come across as being egotistic. Now, leave that behind and focus on the work they've done after that. The reaction of those who are not fans does not demonstrate that the HEAT are conceited. On the contrary, their opinions of the other teams has never been demeaning. They've never boasted about winning the championship any more than other teams who have their eyes on the prize.
          The reason why they came together was to gain the opportunity to beat great teams like the Boston Celtics, so yes... that victory was a milestone for them. Trust me when I tell you this. Miami is a very tough crowd. We criticize everybody, even here at home. If they were full of themselves we would have heard it by now. But that's not the case. All they've done has been work hard for the team and for the community. All we want is for them to bring us a championship again. That's what everyone hopes from their home team.

1. profile image0

Well you do bring up a good point about that Klara, and again I'm sorry if anything I say about the Heat offends you, as I do respect them.  Hell, I especially like Dwayne Wade, who I always viewed as one of the best players in the NBA today.  Plus, I did root for the Heat a few years ago when they faced Dallas in the finals a few years back.  No, the main reason I don't like the Heat is because of one man....LeBron..Princess James...because of what he did during this off season.  Don't get me wrong like all free agents, he has a right to sign with whoever he wants, and I can respect that.  However, it's the way he did it is what makes him look like a classless guy in my mind.  That's why I've been rooting for the Heat to lose because the way he didn't tell his Cavaliers team that he wouldn't be signing with them until the last possible minute, to the reports showing that LeBron had it all planned out like a drama from the start according to espn the magazine and sports illustrated.  Which means he was virtually playing with the other teams that were courting him the whole time, to his whole mediocre program dubbed aptly as THE DECISION; which looked like he was slapping all of Ohio in the face if you ask me. 

It's not the Heat that I hate, it's Princess James that I hate, as he's a classless guy.  I'm well aware that the Heat had to overcome obstacles along the way this season, and how teams have been coming at them in full force all year to prove something.  I guess what I'm trying to say is if there was only a way the Heat could win a title...WITHOUT JAMES..then I'd root for them.  However, since he's on there, I'm sorry Klara.  Besides, like I told lakeshow, i'm a bulls fan anyway baby. wink  lollol

1. profile image0

That's fine. I'm not asking you to become a Heat fan now. He saw the opportunity to make an event out of his decision making, which he didn't make any money out of, because all the proceeds went to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and he signed up to do the one-hour special on ESPN. We didn't know he would sign with us. Maybe he had made up his mind from the beginning. Everyone thought Pat Reily would persuade him. We knew about the history that he had with Wade and Bosh, but that's about it. He wanted a chance at the championship and at the end of it all, he had to make the right choice for his career. He chose to unite forces with his friends and he came here and accepted less money to do what felt right to him.
              I am not trying to make excuses for him. All I am saying is, if he had announced that he wouldn't come back to Cleveland a week before, do you think they would have hated him any less? Would he have been able to raise all the money he did for charity? Does the fact that Cleveland fans and staff felt betrayed give them the right to riot and cuss him out the way they did? In any case, I think it made him see that he had made the right choice. Do you think Dan Gilbert's comments were any classier than Lebron's decision?

1. profile image0

Well first of all, LeBron is a millionaire, and makes reportedly a helluva a lot in endorsements alone.  Therefore, he could've easily have given the "Boys and Girls" club the money upfront without the whole TV special in his honor. 

And yes he did have this planned out from the beginning, as it was reported by various sports writers that LeBron, Wade and Bosh wanted to join a team together when they all became  free agents, and talked about it according to various reports.  In fact, why do you think Pat Riley cleared away almost half his roster before even signing the big 3?  You think it might've been because he KNEW James, Wade and Bosh were going to try to sign anywhere they could where they could play together.  Therefore, it wouldn't surprise me if Wade tipped off Pat,and that's why he did that, as that's the only way I can justify him clearing away almost his entire roster on a gamble that three guys could or could not sign with them. wink wink.

As for what you said about Cleveland, you might be right, but he still owed them an answer at the beginning of free agency.  If LeBron would've told them immediately after the season that he would not be resigning with them, then the Cavs could've been a more active player in free agency and could've used the money they were going to use on James to chase someone else.  Instead because he waited until the last possible minute to let them know, he basically left Cleveland with their pants down with most of the big name free agents already signed to other teams.  So yes he did owe it to the Cavs and his fans there to give them a heads up at the beginning of the offseason.

As for Dan Gilbert....he's just an idiot if you ask me.  I'm not going to defend him, as he clearly tries to make himself out to be another George Steinbrenner, but he's not.  For one, Steinbrenner never picks and chooses when he can act like himself.  No, he's always been a jerk that tells it like it is, and ridicules his own players while they're still playing for him if they under perform. The problem with Dan is that he tried to label LeBron as a lazy bum AFTER he left the Cavs.  Making statements on how he gave up on the Cavs various times in the playoffs but if that was the case, then why didn't Gilbert say something back then?  Steinbrenner would've said something to James if that was the case.  Yet, Gilbert wants to be known as another Steinbrenner.  Well if you ask me, he's essentially an idiot, and you're right.  what he said was even more classless than what LeBron James did.  Sure, cleveland fans loved what Gilbert said, but all it really did was hurt the Cavs chances of ever landing a big name free agent because of his stupid comments.  That's all it really did.

..don't forget... Chris Boss is a jerk too!

25. Greek One profile image62

"They've never boasted about winning the championship any more than other teams who have their eyes on the prize."

Actually, James said they would win 8 or more....
    hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-I8jQDQ7c

Probably a good idea to win 1 first smile

1. profile image0

The link is not opening.

That's not boasting... that's keeping the fire burning, baby! That's what we are all about here in Miami! You have to keep it burning!!! That's why we get ten months of summer in the late 80's and 90's! lol

26. profile image0

Oh, you boys are just jealous! They look so cute together!!!
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5041739_f248.jpg

do you think all 3 might be lovers?
      I suspected that from before the season.
      It would be cool if they all came out together.
      "How it all went down" does seem an appropriate title smile

1. profile image0

lollollol

27. profile image0

Nope. That's what Turkoglu always wished for, but it never came true!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5041779_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

lollollol

The evidence is hard to dispute....

http://celebrityroast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/lbj-gay-300x187.jpg

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Chris-Bosh-stops-for-a-moment-to-take-it-all-in.jpg

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/files/2010/06/lebron_james__dwyane_wade09.jpg

1. profile image0

Yep, I can't argue against the evidence there.  lollollol

in the second picture, that was Boss' gesture reply to the question "How close are the guys in the Heat locker room, Chris?"

1. profile image0

Ha! You just called him BOSS... hehehehe

28. profile image0

This is not any better boys!
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5041877_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Oh that doesn't prove anything.  besides, haven't you ever seen three guys form a congo line before?  wink  lollol

29. profile image0

And Carlos wanted in, but... unfortunately, it didn't happen. wink

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5041916_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

aw poor boozer.  I'm sure he must very sad.  Maybe one of the chicago execs will be able to give him Rodman's number, as I always suspected he was bisexual. wink  lol

1. profile image0

Haha! Steve! I'm going to make this my picture. It's too good! lol Love you, Steve... don't get upset!

1. profile image0

lollol Your too cute Klara. wink

1. profile image0

And you are killing me Steve! lol

30. profile image0

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT!!!!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Miami can win the series, if Lebron and Wade can play the same intensity during the past playoffs.

Yes it is and I'm looking for Miami to be riding high off of the last series. Chicago hasn't seen anything this explosive since the regular season.

1. profile image0

roll  I see your still too chicken to take me up on my bet that I proposed to you in forums, so I guess that means that you're NOT as confident about the Heat as you claim to be?  wink

31. profile image0

Highly disappointing... sad They better walk the talk if they want to get anywhere!

32. profile image0

Tonight we are taming the bull!!!

33. profile image0

It's a great day! Nobody saw it coming! tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)