jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

2011 U. S. Open

1. kingis profile image79
    kingisposted 6 years ago

Next weekend begins the second Major for the PGA Tour in the U.S. Open.  Who would you like to see win and why?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Seve Ballesteros, unfortunately he won't make it.

1. kingis profile image79
        kingisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Maybe is he doing that in Heaven.  Although Seve was great at the Masters and British Open.

2. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

My favorite golf tournament to watch - I would love to see Mickelson take the win this year. Why? Because it would be nice to see him finally win the title.

[The US Open I really look forward to is tennis. It's always so exciting to watch.]

3. kingis profile image79
    kingisposted 6 years ago

RebekahElle,
      Thanks for the reply.  I think Mickelson has a good shot.  Congressional is a tough course.  I know they have added some length to it in the last few years. The last time Congressional hosted the U.S. Open was back in 1997 and most recently hosted Tiger Woods' tournament back in three or four years ago.  You know the greens will be firm, the rough will be long, and the fairways will be tight.  Luke Donald is playing great this year. Nick Watney has looked good but withdrew from the Memorial last week.  My wife would pick Mickelson and Dustin Johnson because those are her favorite golfers. It is truly an open field.

working