Use BB Cream in your Everyday Foundation Routine
Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream Package View
Garnier BB Cream Tube View
BB Cream can give you flawless coverage
I am excited to be writing about my absolute favorite topic which is the everyday BB Cream routine. Since BB Creams have been introduced in the beauty world, I am obsessed with some of the many BB Creams that are available. Some have a lot of features and others have great benefits. They work great for a light coverage and are quick to do.
I want to show you guys one of the many ways you can use BB creams to get a perfect foundation finish. This will be a guide to beginners who are using the BB Cream by itself but are not satisfied of the results. If you want to learn the step by step guide then please continue to read.
One BB Cream that I am using currently is the "Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream." This one is great for oily/combination skin.
BB Garnier Skin Renewal Facts
In order to fully understand how this cream is used as an application, you need to know a little about it. I am listing some quick facts about the cream to help guide you further.
- Garnier currently owns four different types of BB Creams. They are Skin Renew BB Cream for combination to oily skin (which I will be talking about today), BB Cream eye roller, Anti-aging BB Cream (which I will probably start using in my early 30's), & the Normal to Dry Skin BB Cream. (Make sure you choose the right type for your skin as all have different purposes for each)
- The Skin Renew BB-Oily Combination is anti-shine, minimizes the look of pores, evens skin tone, 24h hydration, and brightens the skin.
- Lightweight and can also work as a tinted moisturizer for your face.
- It comes in only two different shades, one is the light/medium and the other is the medium/dark. I personally think this is a great idea because it really absorbs into the skin to match your true skin tone. Just make sure that you know your color and if by mistake you apply it and looks very different then switch to the other option.
- It is a 60ML tube which will definitely last a long time even if you wear it everyday. (I won't recommend applying make up everyday though)
- If you have a standard make up bag for travelling then this size will fit. I travel from city to city and keep this as travel essentials.
Step 1: Prep Your Face
Let us begin!
Make sure your face is cleansed and moisturized. You can use any gentle face cleanser when you do your morning skin care routine. A good example of a everyday cleanser is the "Neutrogena Clean & Clear Daily Cleanser."
Apply your favorite moisturizer in circular motion. A good example of this would be the, Olay Complete Moisturizer. I have been using this for years and its great to prep your face under your BB Cream.
Olay Complete Moisturizer
Nivea Nourishing Cream, Aveeno Positively Radiant & Garnier MoistureClick thumbnail to view full-size
Detailed Article on Moisturizers for Oily/Combination Skin
- Skin Care Routine for Oily/Combination
It is very imperative that you take care of your skin, especially before and after applying any make up products. Healthy skin will only require minimum make up!
Recommendations for Moisturizer Creams
I have short listed three of the many moisturizer creams for you below. These are all for oily/combination skin. I have experience using these moisturizes in the past and today.
- Nivea Nourishing Night Care: This is for sensitive and dry skin as well. (Combination) I use this all the time currently. After the Olay Moisturizer, this is my favorite brand. It has almond oil and leaves skin feeling soft and nourished.
- Garnier moisture Rescue Dry Skin: Dehydrates the skin and penetrates quickly. Two of the main ingredients include antioxidant fruit water and vitamin E. It also gives comfort and soothe to the skin. This product has awesome reviews on YouTube as a primer under make up.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer: This was the second moisturizer I still use to date and it works amazing under make up. It has a SPF 15, It is great for summer as it protects against harmful rays, and evens the skin tone (which is a plus especially if used under make up).
Step 2: Apply the BB Cream
Apply dots all over your face with the BB Cream. Then, blend it out with either a flat kabuki brush, beauty blender &/or flat foundation brush. Make sure you cover a little below your jawline as well. Once you have applied the BB Cream, wait for 1-2 mins to let it settle.
Shay Lorseyedi shares BB Creams in great detail
- The Best BB Cream for Your Skin: Drugstore to High-End
The Ultimate BB Cream Guide: this article is the most comprehensive single-page resource for BB creams anywhere online. It includes key ingredients, skin type recommendations, and more.
BB Cream Recommendations
With so many wide variety of BB Creams available, you may not know which one is the best for you. My article uses the Garnier BB Cream as an example due to personal use. Below is an article that explains the BB Creams in great details. You will be able to choose your next BB Cream.
F80 Flat Kabuki Brush, Beauty Blender & Deluxe Foundation Brush
YouTube Beauty Guru - Emily Noel Reviews Best Drugstore BB Creams
Skin Renew BB Cream Eye Roller BenefitClick thumbnail to view full-size
Skin Renew BB Cream BB Cream Eye Roller
I wanted to add this amazing product in between this article, because I recently tried it and its a great product to use if you have tired eyes and need to cover them. I have been looking for a product like this for quite some time and once I found and tried this, I was amazed at the quality. It does cost $13.97 CAD at Walmart, but the features of this eye roller cream weighs heavy on the price. It corrects the dark circles, minimizes puffiness, awakens skin, even the skin tone and hydrates it.
There are two ways to use this. One is right after your BB cream and the second by itself after the moisturizer. If you use it after the BB Cream, then I would suggest not using a concealer because otherwise the make up will look very heavy. If it is used after the moisturizer then the eye cream can be used followed by the second concealer to hide the imperfections. The second concealer would then give a highlighting effect.
Maybelline FaceStudio Master Conceal Camoflaging Concealer
Step 3: Conceal
Now is the time to conceal your face. This is my favorite part of the routine as this process shows a significant change. First, apply your concealer on any imperfections you may have, such as acne, blemishes, or scars. Then apply the concealer on your T-Zone, this includes the center of your forehead, an upside down triangle underneath your eyes, on the bridge of your nose, around your nose, and in the middle of your chin. You can blend this with any small concealer brush, the same blending brush that used to apply the BB Cream, or a flat foundation brush. Make sure that you see no harsh lines or patches of concealer.
Ladies, if I were to recommend a concealer, it would be the Maybelline master concealer OR the Essence conceal in Beige. Both are creamy and provide medium-heavy coverage.
Best Drugstore Concealers for Full Coverage
Medium Coverage Concealer Recommendations
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
No oils, no wax, it leaves the skin natural and fresh, breathable,lightweight pigments, dermatologist tested and fragrance free
Maybelline Superstay 24h Concealer
provides natural looking coverage, conceals immperfections, dark circles, oil free and dermatologist tested
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Concealer
Micro corrector applicator that micro fills and smooths the imperfections, reduces the puffiness, can also be used as a higlighter
L'Oreal Paris True Match Super Bendable
provides great coverage to the tinniest imperfections to biggest,provides sheer to full coverage
Maybelline Fit Me! Powder
Step 4: Setting Powder
Now is the time to set all of your make up. You can use any setting powder that is available to you. If you haven't purchased any yet, then a good example is the "Maybelline FIT Me!" powder. I use it in the shade medium. It works great and the make up does not look caked at all. I will be purchasing the translucent powder in the same company to see what difference it makes. Once I do then I will place a review for you guys. So, blend the T-Zone that you applied your concealer on with a big fluffy brush.
Step 5: Setting Spray for the Long Lasting Effect
This is optional. If you would like your make up to stay all day then apply a setting spray. A really awesome setting spray is by Urban Decay. I use this all the time, it keeps the make up away from creasing.
Thank You for reading!
Voila! That's it guys! How simple was this process? I think this can be turned to an everyday routine anytime. Ladies, make sure you are removing your make up by the end of the night. Your skin needs to breathe!
That's it for this hub! I want to thank you for reading it! I appreciate it very much! As always, if you have any questions, concern &/or comments please let me know.
All the best & be safe!
Choosing This Method
How useful was this information to you?
© 2015 Hina