- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair Growth
Olive oil is a thick, viscous oil extracted from the fruits of the olive tree. It has been used for thousands of years for medicinal, culinary and cosmetic purposes. Is helps to control cholesterol and is used to treat gastritis and ulcers. It is an excellent moisturizer. It is used for hair treatment. Olive oil is a very good remedy for lice infestation. Egyptians were the first to use it for cosmetic purposes. It is a very good hair conditioner.
Olive oil helps to control dry and damaged hair. It helps to make hair stronger and healthy. It is a very good moisturizer. It helps to remove the dust and other pollutants from the scalp. As it is an item of household use it is always easily available
Olive oil contains both omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. They help to hydrate and nourish the hair. Extra virgin olive oil is considered to be superior as it contains vitamins and minerals.
Olive Oil for Hair Growth and Dandruff
- Take olive oil in a bowl and heat it to make it lukewarm.
- Dip your fingers in the bowl and gently massage the oil to your scalp.
- Keep the application and massage going till the entire scalp is covered.
- The massage helps to improve the blood circulation
- After the massage wrap your head with a hot towel.
- Keep the towel covered for about an hour
- Wash off the hair with shampoo.
For Dry Hair
- Mix a cup each of olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil and honey in a bowl
- Add half an avocado
- Add 5 vitamin E capsules
- Apply it to your scalp and gently massage it.
- Wash it off with shampoo after an hour
For Smooth and Shiny Hair
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 egg whites
Mix it well and apply it to your scalp. Wash it off after two hours.
These are some of the benefits of olive oil for hair growth.
Causes of Gray Hair and Treatment
- Causes of Gray Hair and Treatment
Graying hair before 35 is considered to be premature. Even though gray hair is due to genetic inheritance, several other factors could also contribute to premature graying. Thre are several home remedies which can prevent premature gray hair.