7 Best Full Coverage Foundations For Oily Skin
If you are prone to oily skin and desire full coverage, finding a foundation can be very tricky. You need something that controls oil, tempers shine, does not clog pores, covers all the flaws and stays put for hours.
Though it’s hard to find such a foundation but it’s not impossible.
This article lists some of the best full coverage foundations tried and tested that not only guarantee a full cover but also a gorgeous matte finish. Now you can create the airbrushed look that you covet.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup
Are you looking for a miracle product that will hides all your imperfections?
You have come to the right place.
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in place Makeup really provides the full coverage that it advertises. The foundation is super thick and does an excellent job of evening out hyperpigmentation, masking oil and covering acne scars.it gives a remarkably smooth appearance without setting into lines and creases.
A wide range of shades are available from Estee Lauder but you need to be very careful when selecting a shade as it is quite pricey. A foundation is of no use if it is not in the right colour.Once you have found the right shade you will not be disappointed.
Application Tips: Before applying the foundation, use a mattifying primer that regulates oil levels without drying out the skin.A primer provides the perfect canvas on which to apply the foundation.Once you are done with the primer, apply the foundation and work in sections.Do not dab it all over your face at once but work in small areas because once this foundation is set ,it is set.you can use a brush or a sponge to spread it. Using a good kabuki-style brush will provide gorgeous full coverage without looking cakey.
For a dewy look, you can add a few drops of serum or liquid highlighter.
Keep in mind that this foundation is not for those who want, ‘’ I’m not wearing any foundation look’’.It Will look like you have makeup on.
- Provides medium to full coverage depending on how you put it on.
- It really does "stay in place."
- 38 gorgeous shades to choose from.
- Suits oily skin well, looks great even without powder.
- The foundation has a matt finish and is very long-lasting(12+ hours)
- Fragrance free
- No stickiness, cakey-ness, or sliding of any kind.
- Oil free
- A little product goes a long way.Don’t use more product than you should
- The packaging is annoying as it doesn't have a pump and if you're not careful a lot can spill out. MAC pumps DO fit this bottle .
- Quite pricey, especially if you use it as an everyday foundation.
- Not forgiving if you have a fair amount of tiny facial hairs
- It has SPF and leaves a white cast in photos.
- Harder to remove. The best way is to use a make-up removing cleanser like Garnier Micellar water with a cotton pad and then wash with a foaming cleanser.
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation
Packaged in a brown squeeze tube this foundation has been designed for all skin types. But It’s an oil free foundation and works best on oily skin.It efficiently controls oil and keep you matte all day.Its a full coverage foundation and will cover everything whether its acne scarring, redness or hyperpigmentation . Offered in wide variety of shades so anyone can find their perfect shade. Women with yellow undertones and oily skin should consider this foundation.
Application Tips: it has mousse like texture and coverage is very buildable. It only requires a small amount of product to cover the whole face and neck. If you put on too much, it will look cakey. A kabuki brush gives gorgeous flawless finish but it also soaks up a lot of product. So apply it with your fingers first and then gently smooth it out with a kabuki brush. Because this foundation has clay in it― it is matte enough to be used alone without any powder and looks great hours after application.
Be sure to thoroughly remove your makeup and double cleanse at night!
- So Full coverage that you might not even need a concealer.
- A little goes a very long way. A nickel size amount will cover your face perfectly.
- One tube will easily last you 4-5 months of daily use.
- Cruelty free.
- Available in wide variety of shades, you can easily find your perfect match.
- Free of parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates and mineral oil.
- Lasts 8+ hours.
- Sweat proof and water proof
- Oil free and fragrance free
- Mixes well with luminizers for more glowy finish
- It will keep your skin matte without making it look dull.
- SPF 15
- Packaging is easy to dispense, sanitary, travel safe, and stands upright.
- It's also very yellowish with few shades for pink undertones.
- If you have acne prone skin, be cautious while using this.
- Pretty expensive, around 40$.
- Can cling to dry patches. Using a good hydrating primer can correct that.
- It can look cakey if you are not careful.
- Can feel heavy and uncomfortable on skin and it’s also hard to remove.
- Leaves a really white cast when flash-photographed.
- This does not leave a natural finish. People can tell you are wearing a foundation.
Mary Kay Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation
Those who loved Revlon Shine Control Mattifying Foundation-- which was unfortunately discontinued--will love this foundation because it comes very close to it. Though it’s not as watery in texture as Revlon Mattifying makeup but it certainly is of thin consistency. It’s very easy to blend and does not give cakey look. If your skin is not very oily you don’t even need a powder with this foundation.The coverage is very buildable so you can layer it on without looking overdone or cakey.
Application Tips: Apply a good mattifying primer. Squeeze some foundation on to the back of your hand. Tap your stippling brush down into the foundation a few times to get enough product without overloading it. Stipple the foundation all over your face and then blend well with gentle swirling motions of your brush.
Using a stippling brush works best with this foundation and will make it last much longer. You can apply Mary kay translucent powder over it if your skin gets very oily.
- Available in a wide variety of gorgeous shades, so you are bound to find your perfect match.
- Medium to Full coverage that does not look cakey at all.
- Does not feel heavy on skin you will not feel like you are wearing a mask.
- Keeps shine to minimum.
- Gorgeous natural matte finish.
- Covers redness quite well.
- No SPF so photographs well
- Fragrance free.
- Oil free
- The finish is truly matte but not flat.
- With translucent powder over it, it lasts 8+hours.
- Those with acne prone skin should be cautious while using it even though it claims to be noncomedogenic. The talc in this foundation can cause acne.you can find Best makeup for for oily acne prone skin here.
- Can accentuate dry patches. If that’s the case with you prep your skin with a good hydrating moisturizer before wearing this.
- If you have severe discolorations or serious issues you may need help from a good concealor.Apply your concealer before the foundation because once the foundation has dried the concealer won’t go on well.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Mattifying Foundation
When your skin is really oily it’s a nightmare to find a foundation that will stick to your face and does not melts off before lunch. Makeup forever mattifying foundation is a godsend for those with very oily skin.
Comes in a travel friendly squeeze tube this foundation has thick consistency and blends like dream.it can be customized to your needs and you can build coverage to how you like it.Apply just one layer,it looks natural and fresh. Applied with several layers, it seriously covers imperfections while giving a gorgeous velvety matte finish.
Application tips: pair it with Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer and you will end up with a gorgeous natural matte look that lasts all day and needs little re-powdering or blotting. In fact, you can get through the whole day without having to reapply powder. Those with very oily skin may need just a quick blot around lunch.
Make sure you remove it properly at night or you will break out. It’s best removed with micellar water and then washed with a Cetphil daily facial cleanser.
- Coverage is medium to Full depending on how much you apply it.
- Offered in 20 gorgeous shades.Alabaster shade is best for very fair skin.
- Keeps skin matte all day.
- A little product goes a long way.
- Applied lightly,its perfect for a no makeup look
- Finish is smooth and natural looking when used carefully.
- Does not feel heavy on skin and does not look cakey
- Fragrance free.
- Transfer proof and water proof
- Photographs nicely.
- Perfect for oily to very oily skin.
- Can be Paired with MAKE UP FOR EVER Duo Mat Powder Foundation for extra coverage.
- Water resistant and long-lasting.
- Natural Beige, sand and Golden Beige shads are too peachy or with obvious orange tones.
- Those with yellow undertones may find it hard to find true color match.
- The way the bottle is designed, last 20% of the product is impossible to remove without cutting it open . Buy an airless pump bottle on amazon and Transfer the contents ino it or clean an old foundation bottle with a pump.
- It’s hard to remove and it’s very important to get it all off at night.
- It can cling to dry patches so exfoliate and moisturize skin regularly.
Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation
If you are tight on budget and are looking for a good everyday foundation for your oily skin this is the product for you.
cover girl out last stay fabulous 3 in 1 foundation combines concealer, primer and foundation in one product. It also has SPF so this foundation is going to help you save a lot of money.
The foundation is available in an impressive range of shades, if you are fair and have pink undertones, you will easily find a shade that matches your skin perfectly. Coverage is medium but easily buildable to full.
Application Tips: It sets quickly so you need to work in small sections. One pump is enough for decent coverage .For full coverage 1 and1/2 or two pumps would be enough. You can also skip concealer and primer. But use a good setting powder if your skin is very oily.
Cover Girl Queen Collection All Day Flawless has the same formula so if you have dark skin you should look there.
- Stays matte for 8 hours
- Easily available at drugstores.
- Good for combination/oily skin
- Packaging is convenient to use and travel friendly.
- Medium to Full Coverage.
- Gorgeous natural matte finish.
- Covers redness, imperfections and acne scars very well.
- The coverage is buildable, lightweight, and superb.
- In built primer and concealer.
- The SPF does cause it to have a white cast in photos.
- Sets quickly so work in small sections and buff it out well.
- It does oxidize. So you will need to get a shade lighter than your skin color.
- Those with yellow undertones may have harder time finding the right shade. Some of the light to medium shades have an unflattering pinkish tone
Revlon Color Stay Foundation For Combination/oily skin
Revlon color stay foundation is for those who have oily skin, want full coverage and live in hot and humid environment. It will stick to your face for more than eight hours. Comfortable, lightweight formula absorbs oil well and controls shine throughout the day. Available in 35 flattering shades, the flawless finish keeps skin looking fresh and beautiful, reducing your need for touch ups to minimal.
Apply a good nourishing primer to your skin and let it sink in for 2-3 minutes.Squeez out one pump of Revlon colorstay foundation on the back of your hand.Tap your foundation brush down into the product and apply it to the center of your face brushing it upwards and outwards. Once you have blended the foundation on to your whole face wait for two minutes to let it dry. Squeeze out another pump on your hand and apply the second layer of foundation to areas that need extra coverage.
- Medium to full coverage.
- It stays well for 9+ hours.
- Keeps skin looking matte and fresh all day.
- Very affordable.
- Sweat proof even in humidity and heat.
- Good for oily/combination skin,the other variant of the foundation is good for dry skin.
- Oil free.
- Good for photo sessions.
- Transfer proof
- Some women may find it very heavy, but it can be mixed with a good moisturizer to make it less heavy.
- Hard to remove.
- Finding a shade for yellow undertones can be hard.
- Need to be quick while blending, because it dries fast.
- It smells like paint, but the smell dissipates soon after you put it on.
Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
In the world of beauty expensive does not mean better. Wet ‘n’ wild Photo Focus Foundation proves that it’s true.
The Foundation comes in a sleek glass bottle whose cap has a built-in spatula applicator. The consistency of the foundation is quite thin and a little goes a long way: You don't need a lot of product to achieve medium to full coverage.
Wet 'n' Wild tested it under 7 different light conditions with and without flash to provide you with a formula that won’t create a white cast in photos. Now you can confidently take selfies. If you are going to an event where a lot of photos are going to be taken, wear this foundation!
Application Tips: Apply it with a brush instead of a sponge to get full coverage.Though this foundation does need powder to set it but the wear is great with powder. A good setting powder will prevent creasing and cracking and also make it last longer.
- 20 gorgeous shades to choose from
- Stays on a whole work day.
- Perfect for a night out.
- Super affordable
- Caters to yellow skin tones
- Cruelty free
- Gorgeous semi-matte finish
- Covers redness, blemishes and other skin issues well.
- Sulfate free
- Good for combination/oily skin
- Oil free
- Paraben free
- Smells like paint but the smell dissipates fairly quickly.
- The foundation does not come with a pump or dropper.
- If you are looking for a completely matte foundation, this is not the right product for you.