- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair
How to Fishtail Braid Your own Hair
Braids and weaves are as old as history. Women and men have been weaving their hair for a very long time. Braids appear in classical paintings and on Egyptian pyramids. There are very many types of weaves and braids. This hub is about learning how to your own hair. fishtail braid
Fishtail braids are not your usual garden variety of braids. Most braids are done with three strands of hair. To make the fishtail braid, you need only two strands. These novel braids (sometimes called herringbone or fishbone braids) look complex and yet are easy to learn.
A properly done fishtail braid looks soft, loose and flowing but is in fact tight and difficult to unravel.
How to do the Fishtail Braid
To learn how to fishtail braid your own hair keep these two tips are important. They often make the difference between shoddy work and smooth well woven braids.
- Secure the hair at the base with an elastic band before you start.
- Make sure the strands of hair you pick are about the same size.
Steps in the Fishtail Braid
- Part the Hair and secure it with an elastic band. You can do a center or side parting, whatever looks good on you
- Divide the hair into two.
- Take a lock of hair from beneath one section, wrap it around the section and over the other hand.
- Do the same with a lock from the second section.
- Repeat this until you get to the end of the hair and secure it with another band.
Tips for Getting your Fishtail Braid Right
Practice a lot. As with all braids, you get better at it as it becomes more instinctive. Fishtail braids are nice because they are an easy way to add glamour when you are dressing up.
Do not try the fishtail braid if your hair is shorter the shoulder length. The braid will be loose and may unravel later.
Take small locks of hair each time and try to ensure they are all of roughly equal sizes. This way the braid looks professional.
To have the fishtail braid looking loose and sultry, pull the braids lightly apart as you braid before you use the rubber band.
How to Fishtail Braid your own Hair
Using the tips above as a guide to doing up your hair in fishtails all by yourself is possible. if you do not immediately get beautiful braids, reread the hub and watch the video.
Drop a line to let me know if this guide helped you fishtail braid your hair.