- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
Homemade Bronzing Powder
Sun-Kissed & Glowing ~
Remember that first kiss? Did it make you glow with radiance?
A bronzing powder will provide a sun-kissed look that gives you an instant radiance and natural glow.
Having always loved the golden hues of a tan to the “pale and interesting” alternative on myself, a bronzing powder was a product always to be found in my makeup toolbox.
I love the versatility these powders give us from an all over healthy glow to using as a facial contour for making those cheekbones more prominent.
Bronzers give a sun-kissed look naturally without the damaging effects of UV rays from the sun. Sunless tanning is more in vogue and a much healthier alternative to sunbathing.
- How to Get Body Painted
- How to Get Beautiful Eyelashes and Eyebrows with Cas...
- How to Quickly Remove Eyeliner Mistakes
- How to Make Homemade Layered Lip Gloss
- Pumpkin Spice Lip Gloss or Lip Balm Recipe
- Minty Chocolate Lip Balm Recipe
- How to Make DIY Makeup Brush Cleanser Solution
- How to Apply Loose Powder Eyeliners
- Homemade Mascara Recipe
- Creme Blush Recipe
Bronzing Powder Recipe ~
While these are measurements as a guide, it really is a personal choice and probably best to go with your own mix to suit your own skin tone. Cocoa Powder adds depth of color, Cinnamon adds a golden glow and Nutmeg adds a sunny brown tone.
Arrowroot or cornstarch helps lighten the bronzer for a more even application. Use small amounts with cocoa powder being the predominant ingredient. Cinnamon may cause skin irritation so may be left out if you wish.
I would recommend that this bronzer is not used every day, certainly initially until you see how it works for you.
Remember to do a small patch test of any ingredient new to you. We all react differently to ingredients so if in doubt do a test in an inconspicuous area on the body (inner arm is best).
1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Arrowroot (or cornstarch)
Rubbing Alcohol (or use 10 drops Lavender or Rose Essential Oil)
Empty Compact Case
Bowl x 2
- Add the ingredients into a bowl and mix with a fork.
- Pour them into a sieve and using the fork push the bronzer through to remove any lumps and refine the powder texture.
- Add enough rubbing alcohol to hold it together in a thick paste.
- Spoon it into your compact pressing it in and flattening it out with the back of a spoon.
- When it dries, you are good to use it.
- Using a rounded face powder or blush brush (bigger is better) sweep it over the bronzer and tap off excess.
- A light application is what you are looking for to avoid streaky dirty looking marks. It is far easier to build up color than take it away, more cost effective and more importantly will give you a natural even sun kissed glow.
- Apply where the sun naturally hits the face which is the forehead, nose, chin and cheeks.
- If it is too light repeat until you have your desired depth of glow.
- Apply in natural light whenever possible as it will give a true color indication and you will avoid looking too dark and unnatural.
Varieties of Cocoa Powder
Spices for Inspiration
Do you ever wear bronzing powder?
Tips & Suggestions ~
f you prefer a loose powder, leave out the rubbing alcohol (or essential oils if using) and place your bronzer into a small sterilized container with lid. An old lose face powder one is perfect or even a salt or pepper shaker cheap enough in dollar or euro stores. Remember to sterilize thoroughly.
Experiment with the ingredients. If it is too dark add a little more arrowroot to lighten it, if it is too light add a little more cocoa powder.
Coffee has been used in place of cocoa powder in some recipes which needs to be a very fine texture if using.
If you are a fan of liquid or cream based bronzers, why not add some loose bronzer powder to a teaspoon of whipped body butter or a body lotion and mix it together.
Don’t use those tiny brush applicators that come with blush, they are useless and will leave you with a streaky and often heavy handed looking application. A small set of long handled makeup brushes are well worth having and will last when looked after.
Remember to have FUN, this is a recipe that is fun to experiment with and use occasionally in my opinion, not for everyday use. It is an ideal one for teenagers who want a cheap and cheerful idea to quickly make with friends.
"Creating health awareness through homemade beauty solutions"
DIY Bronzer with Cinnamon
Hershey's Face Bronzer
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @ Suzie HQ
Credit to sharkye11 ~
- Dividers on this page are used with permission from this source: Line Dividers To Enhance Webpages