How To Apply Indoor Tanning Lotion And Get An Even Tan
Indoor tanning lotions are an important part of the tanning salon experience. The use of tanning creams will help to speed up the tanning process while under the bright UV lights of the tan bed. You also should only use designer tanning lotions that are made exclusively for the use on indoor tanning beds.
- The best indoor tanning tips you need to know are that before even going to the tanning salon it is important that you shower
first, paying attention to cleaning and exfoliating the skin completely
to ensure an even well balanced tan. Designer tanning lotions will
contain many moisturizers. Many of them also contain anti-aging agents.
The use of a moisturizer will be unnecessary before tanning. Skin should be clean and free of any lotions before arriving to tan.
- Do use a facial moisturizer on your face before leaving the house and spread evenly.
- Most tanning salons will allow 3 to 5 minutes for the user to undress and apply tanning lotion. If you need more time feel free to ask. Applying right before tanning will give the best results, do not apply at home first. If you are uncomfortable getting completely naked on the tanning bed, be careful not to get lotion on your underwear as it may stain.
- Starting with the legs apply a liberal amount of designer tanning lotion and use large circular motions to spread the cream evenly over the canvas of the skin. Next, work on the arms in the same manner remembering to use on the neck, back of arms, and shoulders.
- Top of feet, elbows, and knees will need care to run in the tanning cream well and then wipe off any excess.
- Use less lotion on your stomach and because you will have trouble reaching all parts, it's best to ignore the back. Tanning enthusiasts may disagree, but your back will be getting plenty of exposure to the UV lights and it will still tan with the rest of your body.
- Do not use tanning lotion on your face. The face is sensitive to the chemicals in tanning lotions. I can attest to this as I have broken out on more then one occasion when trying to use my regular tanning cream on my face. There are facial tanning lotions available but they may prove unnecessary.
- If you are using tanning stickers, place these on your skin before applying tanning lotion.
- Wipe of with a towel any excess on hands.
- When you have finished tanning. Do not shower for at least 3 to 5 hours.