How to Maintain Healthy Dreadlocks -Maintaining Dreads
The Best Natural Dread Products Leave Dreadlocks Healthy with No Residue.
Dreadlocks Maintenance Products
Getting the calling to wear dreadlocks is not heard by all. The ones that hear the calling may jump right in and learn how to style their dreadlocks by experimenting. Others will run into some trouble and take them out. You will surely find out which one you are really fast. To avoid some unforeseen issues I put together some hair care tips for your dreadlocks.
Dreadlocks are now worn on all types of hair and on every nationality. The time is long gone since only Rasta’s wear dreadlocks.
This is a hairstyle that clearly joins the less likely people to have commonalities when there once was none. Dreadlocks are a gateway to a brotherhood and sisterhood through all races we never expected, much like hip hop and New York City (the melting pot).
Hair Care Tips For Dreadlocks
Now that you have your dreadlocks now what? There are hair care tips for dreadlocks in forums, You Tube videos, articles, salons, and books that are designed to help the wearer of dreadlocks to master their ability to maintain their own hair.
Without the proper maintenance your dreadlocks can become brittle, dry and the break. If you have experimented with different products and have had crusty residue forming in your dreadlocks this hub is for you.
Your dreadlocks can become a birds nest of a style if you have no clue how to re-tighten your dreadlocks on straight hair or a huge mangy mess if you can't re-twist your own African American dreadlocks to last with the right products. Your locks can become so clogged with the wrong products and become brittle and break; not to mention mildew.
You cannot properly maintain your hair unless you know what the best hair care product for dreadlocks you are to use on your specific hair type. Your maintenance products should not be too heavy and be able to rinse clear. If you do have to use heavier products you may be using the wrong technique for locking your dreadlocks.
Dreadlocks Maintenance Tips
7 Dreadlocks Maintenance Tips
- Wrap hair or use an loc soc every night to keep hair need and in place.
- Spray moisturizer and leave-in conditioners at night on dreadlocks to repair stress from the day and to rejuvenate hair.
- Shampoo hair with shampoo designed just for your hair type. Deep clean your hair with vinegar baking soda wash when needed to remove hair to remove product and debris.
- Re-twist dreadlocks in the same direction each time for faster locking and neat locks.
- Thoroughly dry hair with towel for quicker drying time. Hair must be thoroughly dried to avoid dry rot which could destroy hair.
- Dry and wrap hair with fabric close to your hair color to avoid obvious lint.
- Don't pull hair too tight during styling; it will cause balding (alopecia) by damaging your hair follicles.
- Learn how to palm-roll or crochet your own dreads to keep hair need in emergencies.
- flea comb
- crochet needle
- deep cleansing shampoo
- hair clips
- moisturizing shampoo
These are just the basic hair care product for dreadlocks to get started, So many companies have their own gels and pomades just for dreadlocks. There are also many products to support and help manage your dreadlocks.
- color string
- Loc Soc
Learning how to shampoo your dreadlocks to maintain a fresh scalp and sweet smelling hair is a must. When your hair is full of heavy products; locks retain moisture that can cause odors, bacteria, or mildew to build or worse (bugs which could mean cutting out your dreadlocks).
Once you are familiar about shampooing, conditioning, and retightening you are on your way to an everlasting dreadlock journey. Most dreadlocks are not to becoming before you get used to them. But with proper upkeep, approving looks and compliments you will be so far beyond caring what any nay sayers (hater) has to say.
After all it's about you and how you want to live your life at this point and time. Of course if you want to be taken more seriously your dreadlocks must be impeccable. For more information on hair care products on dreadlocks and instructions please go to http://GetDreadlocks.blogspot.com.
Please enjoy my Dreadlock Hairstyle Video Style hub.