How to Administer a Facial Massage to Yourself
Massage Relieves Tension
Facial Massage ~
If you have not heard of this or tried it at home, you are missing out one of the most beneficial beauty regimes that is practiced throughout the world.
There are many different types of massage based on Eastern or Western philosophies and traditions. Here I will be showing basic massage movements everyone will find easy to do on themselves and may easily be incorporated into your daily life. Aromatherapy fans will find a daily massage highly therapeutic using massage oils or creams which incorporate essential oils.
No need to go to a Beauty Therapist or Massage Therapist for this.
Massage was one of my favorite treatments I learnt whilst training as a Beauty Therapist. It was a treatment I looked forward to receiving from fellow students and would often fall asleep it was so relaxing.
In turn I have never been short of volunteers or guinea pigs in family and friends all biting at the bit to have a facial massage and yes, quite often they have had a quick twenty winks.
The only facial massage tools you need are your hands and a massage oil, cream or use your regular moisturizer and use this technique for applying it, saving time and products. No excuses to not having enough time in other words!
The benefits of administering a massage for yourself are quite extensive and are easily achieved.
Self Facial Massage
Benefits of Facial Massage ~
- Reduction of Puffiness
- Improves Circulation
- Increased Blood Flow
- More Even Complexion
- Brighter Complexion
- Increased Muscle Tone
- Reduction of Fluid
- Reduction of Wrinkles
- Eliminates Toxins
- Prevents Dark Circles
- Increases Cell Renewal
- Promotes Softer, Smoother Skin
- Improves Mood
- Eliminates Stress
- Soothes Headaches
- Reduce Anxiety
- Boost the Immune System
Mountain Rose Herbs for all your natural organic products
Easy Quick Facial Massage ~
- To start, make sure skin is cleansed. Wash your hands well to get rid of any bacteria before applying moisturizer on your fingertips.
- Apply moisturizer all over the face to give a light coating.
- You need to be able to move the hands and fingers freely over the skin without dragging or pulling the skin.
- Massage the skin using the finger tips and apply moderate pressure on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin with very light pressure around the eye.
- Place your fingers on the centre of your forehead in a vertical line hands side by side.
- Move your hands away from each other across the forehead to the sides of the temples applying slight pressure.
- From the temples move your hands down the cheeks to the chin.
- Repeat this movement for several minutes.
Palming Eyes Massage ~
Similar to Reiki and other energy based massage techniques. Ideal for anyone who prefers not to work directly on the skin around the delicate eye area.
- Wash the hands thoroughly and rub the palms together to create heat.
- Place your warm palms directly over open eyes and leave for 20-30 seconds.
Easy Facial Massage
Wash Face Massage ~
This is another technique incorporating the palms of the hands that is great for relieving tension in the face and head. Rub your palms together vigorously to create heat.
- Start with applying your palms on the forehead, pressing them in gently.
- Slide your palms down the sides of your face until your fingertips reach the end of the chin.
- Circle around the outside edges of the face (similar to when cleansing the face) until your palms are back on the forehead again and keep repeating for 2 minutes to induce a feeling of relaxation.
Excellent Facial Massage to do on Yourself
Massaging Techniques on Others
Have you ever massaged your face yourself?
Stimulation Massage ~
This massage technique is designed to stimulate the circulation, increase blood flow, maintain a clear complexion and revive tired skin.
- With your knuckles in a loose fist you use the back of your hand to roll your knuckles over the face.
- Start at the chin, moving up to the cheeks, temples and finally the forehead. Repeat a few times.
- To stimulate the eye area, lightly pinch the eyebrow in-between the ring finger and thumb, starting in the center of the eyebrow and working to the outside.
Massage Tips ~
Performing a 2-3 minute a day facial massage twice a day is all it takes to reap the benefits massage provides. If you cannot do twice a day, concentrate on doing it for 5 minutes in the morning to kick start fluid drainage, improve blood flow, reduce any puffiness and energize the skin.
Using your regular moisturizer cuts down on oils and creams you need to buy.
If you wish to use household oils commonly found in our kitchen cupboard, try grape seed, almond, sunflower, sesame or marula oils. Olive oil is great when thinned a little bit. Mix with a little lemon juice for oily skin. Making your own lavender oil is excellent for any tension headaches.
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @Suzie HQ
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs