How to avoid Mistakes while doing Make Up
We constantly search for tips on how to perfect the art of make-up, and often look up to famous people for make-up inspirations. But sometimes, even these famous people end up with a not-so-good make-up artist, and end up looking...well.
Everyone has to wonder by makeup. Don’t apply makeup to wet skin; always apply makeup on dry skin. Always follow the tips on your makeup product. Like seasons our skin also gets changed. Choose always best makeup products, always choose foundations accordingly to your skin. (Dry skin, oily skin, etc.) When you apply foundation on your face, don’t use over powdering to your face.
Celebrity Christina Aguilera make-up faux pas
What's possibly wrong?
- The shade of the bronzer seems a little too orange for her skin-tone
- The foundation seems to be a shade lighter
- Too much powder below the eyes. She has probably used an illuminating powder under the eyes to make the under-eye area look brighter
- The brows are barely visible
- The jet-black eye-liner and kohl are not going well with the bare brows. No balance there!
- Lip color is not going well with the color of the lenses
What we should Do?
- Bronzing/ contouring needs to be done carefully. Too much of anything is bad. Use bronzers with caution, and follow the 'less is more' policy. Also, check for the shade. A bronzer should ideally be just 1-2 shades darker than your natural skin tone.
- Use foundation in a shade which exactly matches your skin tone. A lighter foundation will not make you look fairer, it will make you look like a clown!
- Use powder judiciously. Not too much, not too less.
- If you're donning a heavy make-up look, pay attention to the brows too. Well groomed, filled-in brows are essential to completing a look.
- See if a particular lip-color is going well with a certain look, or with a certain kind of eye make-up. Don't wear just any lip color on any occasion simply because you like it. Co-ordinate things amongst themselves.
Celebrity Kellie Pickler make-up faux pas
What's wrong with this make-up?
- You can see a clear line of foundation (not blended properly) on the forehead, along the hair
- Too light a powder used on the entire face
- She has kinda big eyes, slightly wide-set. But the way the eyeliner has been applied onto the outer 2/3rd of the lid is not doing justice to the shape of the eyes.
What we should Do?
- Blend the foundation really well, till the natural hair-line, even if a part of the face will eventually be covered by hair, or any other accessories.
- Avoid excessive powder on the face, and use powder in the right shade, matching your skin-tone
- Eyeliner needs to be applied as per the shape of the eyes. Each eye-shape demands a different eyeliner application.