Skin care: How to reduce black circles around eyes
What causes black circles under eyes
Some people inherit the possibility of having black circles under eyes from their parents or grandparents. There are several reasons for appearance of black or dark circles under eyes. Of the most common causes: heredity, sun exposure, allergies, asthma, eczema, drugs, nutrition, fatigue, and lack of sleep or excessive tiredness, pregnancy and menstration, or aging.
How to treat dark circles under eyes?
We can use natural products in treating or reducing the appearance of dark circles under eyes.
1- Wheat germ oil and almond oil
Wheat germ oil contains proteins and minerals which work to revive the skin. It works as an anti-oxidant which means delaying and resisting wrinkles, scars and stretch marks. It can be used to face especially for sensitive skin. Wheat germ oil is also useful as it hydrates skin and it also contains vitamin (A) and vitamin (D).
Almond oil too works on tighten skin and to lighten skin colour.
- Take equal proportions of sweet almond oil and wheat germ oil, if sweet almond oil is not available replace by oil of bitter almond
- Use a piece of cotton to apply the mixture gently around your eyes before you sleep.
- Tea compresses: Put a tea bag or a little of tea leaves in a thin cloth then place them in warm water for seconds then on the dark area for 10 minutes.
- Cucumber compresses: Put fresh cucumber slices or mashed core on the dark area for 15 minutes. Repeat the process 3 times a day.
- Potato compresses: Put potato slices or cold potato juice on dark areas for 15 minutes.
- Mint juice compresses: Apply a mixture of mint juice and almond oil on dark halos using a piece of cotton. Repeat the process 3 times a day.