Looking Younger and Improving Acne Scars Using the Derma Micro Needle Roller
Discovering the Derma Roller
I was looking for skin care products on Amazon when I stumbled upon the Derma Roller. I had never seen one before and was very curious about how it worked. Soon I was reading all of the customer reviews, checking out the different manufacturers, and comparing the rollers to one another.
It wasn't long before I decided I would have to try it out. I am beginning to get those lines around my mouth and in between my brows. While I will probably never want to pay large sums of money to have these improved upon, I am all for DIY, inexpensive and safe methods of keeping my face looking younger. Who wouldn't be?
1.0mm Micro Needle Roller Skin Care Therapy Dermatology System
After looking at all of the choices, I chose the 1.0mm Micro Needle Roller Skin Care Therapy Dermatology System. The reasons I chose this product are listed below, however, depending upon your age, tolerance, and your specific needs, a different roller may be more suitable. I have included several other roller options at the end of this article.
Reasons I chose this roller:
- I liked that the size of the needle was 1mm. My skin is very tolerant to most skincare products, so I felt the larger needle would give me the results I was looking for.
- The price of this roller was under $15 with FREE shipping. I always like that!
- The reviews were very good and there were over 400 of them, which gave me a good idea of the product's effectiveness by the people who had used it.
- Customer reviews included lots of tips and instructions, so I knew all about the product and how to use it correctly and safely before I even ordered it.
How to Use a Derma Roller
Instructions for Using the Derma Roller at Home
- Wash face and thoroughly clean, removing all make-up.
- Use a cotton swab to cleanse face with an astringent.
- Pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol in small bowl.
- Place roller in bowl and roll in alcohol, cleaning all parts of roller.
- Remove roller from bowl and allow to air dry for a moment.
- Place roller on face and gently roll derma roller over skin in a vertical direction one time.
- Repeat this up to 7 times.
- Roll in a horizontal direction 8 times.
- Roll in a diagonal direction 8 times.
- Dip your fingertip in rubbing alcohol and wipe with clean tissue.
- Apply antibiotic ointment to area that was rolled.
Have you ever used a Dermaroller?
Aggressive Derma Rolling
The video below shows a doctor using a derma roller on a patient. The patient begins with an anesthetic facial cream that numbs the skin. The doctor then rolls the derma roller aggressively back and forth all over the patient's face, leaving raw-looking skin. He then cleans the patients face and applies a cream to soothe the skin. I do not use the roller as aggressively as this doctor does, but I use the roller once a week for about a month to see very noticeable results.
A Genuine Derma Roller Treatment
Facial Skin Care Hubs
- 5 Skin Care Recipes Using Fresh Mint
Using mint in homemade skin care recipes does not have to mean peppermint or spearmint essential oils. Fresh mint works in a range of varied recipes so read on for some simple but effective ideas.
- How to Make a Skin Clearing Face Mask
Easy face masks made from ingredients you can find in your kitchen that will clear, hydrate and replenish your skin.
- Using Apple Cider Vinegar On Face
Using apple cider vinegar as a facial cleanser and acne treatment has proven effective for myself and many others, but using it as a long-term remedy may need to be reconsidered. Know the facts.
- A $20 Way to Look Younger
Are you starting to notice fine lines around your eyes, on your forehead, and around your mouth? Here is an inexpensive and safe way to improve those areas, creating younger-looking skin.