Natural skincare: Almond, Oats, Linseed, Rhassoul Clay and Essential oils facial scrub
This is the recipe of an amazing facial scrub that consists of natural ingredients most of which you can find in your kitchen cupboard. Add some of your favourite essential oils and it will do wonders for your skin.
Please Note: ingredients can vary depending on what you have in your kitchen store. However, it is important to use cosmetic clay as it binds all other ingredients together. In the following recipe I used my favourite Rhassoul Clay which is quite mild and especially good for skin regeneration. If you have oily skin you can use Calcium Bentonite Clay. French Green Clay is particularly good for combined skin.
Another important ingredient is some kind of carrier oil, in which you will dilute essential oils, as the latter can not be applied undiluted to the skin. I used Argan oil which goes very well with Rhassoul Clay. But you can use any other carrier oils you might have, such as Almond oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Grapeseed Oil etc.
I also used almonds, which are rich in Vitamin E and minerals, such as Calcium and Magnesium, and have softening and nourishing properties and linseed, which is rich in Omega3 Fatty Acids and helps to reduce dryness and flakiness of the skin.
3tablespoons of rolled oats or oatmeal
2 tablespoons of linseeds
30g of almonds
3 tablespoons of Rhassoul Clay
4 drops of Sage Essential oil
3 tablespoons of Argan oil
2 drops of Lemon Essential oil
2 drops of Sandal oil
- Grind Almonds, oats and linseed in an electric grinder.
- Grind chunks of Rhassoul Clay with pestle and mortar or add a bit of water and leave to soak for 15min.
- Dilute Lemon, Sandal and Sage essential oils (or any other Essential oils you use in skincare, 8 drops in total) in Argan Oil.
- Mix together the ingredients from the stages 1-3.
- Gradually add water and keep on mixing using wooden spatula or your hands but not a metal spoon as in contact with a metal the clay will lose its electric charge.
- Put the scrub ingredients into a plastic or a ceramic but not a metal container and store in a fridge.
How to apply the scrub
Take a small amount of the scrub and carefully massage into your face using circular movements. Avoid getting the scrub on the area around your eyes. Wash off with a warm water and pat dry.