Cushion cut engagement rings
*All orders processed through Amazon for guaranteed customer satisfaction
Quality cushion cut engagement rings are so elegant in design and functionality, and a ring of this magnitude would certainly go a long way towards wooing that special lady in your life (or man, who am I to judge?). It truly would make your engagement unforgettable, and for all the right reasons.
There are as many different cuts of diamonds as there are people who are looking to buy them, but for our purposes, we'll primarily be discussing... Cushion cut engagement rings.
Are you looking for the perfect engagement ring to capture the moment as well as the heart of your lover? You cannot go wrong with this cut of diamond. Truly iconic, it separates the serious companion from the tire-kickers, if ya know what I mean.
So, what makes a cushion cut so distinctive? These are the defining characteristics of a cushion cut diamond
- A mixed-cut diamond shaped like a square pillow
- A square or rectangular shape with rounded corners. Also called “antique cut”
- A style of cutting where the outline is basically square but with rounded corners
- A faceted stone with a rounded square shape
- A stone that is cut to look like a square or rectangle with round edges. The cut is usually multi-faceted to give the highest possible light refraction
Cushion cut engagement rings
there certainly are a lot of factors one must consider when choosing a diamond engagement ring
- Price - Price is always a factor, so determine your budget and go from there
- The 4 C's of diamonds really help to determine things like price and quality - They are: Clarity, color, cut, carat weight
- Clarity describes the clearness or purity of a diamond. This is determined by the number, size, nature, and location of the internal (inclusions) and external (blemishes) imperfections
- Color describes the amount of color the diamond contains. This can range from colorless to yellow with slight tints of yellow, gray or brown. Colors can also range from intense yellow to brown, blue, green, pink and red. These fancy colors are rare and therefore more valuable
- Cut refers to the proportions, finish, symmetry, and polish of the diamond. These factors determine the fire and brilliance of a diamond. Well cut diamonds sell at premium and poorly cut diamonds sell at discounted prices. With the advent of technology, the cut of a diamond can be determined through the use of the Dia-Mension system, a computerized system which takes accurate measurements and proportions of a diamond in seconds, in addition to the standard millimeter gauge
- Carat is the unit of weight for the diamond. A carat is further subdivided in 100 points ( 0.01 carat = l point ). One carat is equal to 0.20 grams. Value per carat increases with carat size, because larger rough diamonds occur less frequently. In other words, 2 half-carat diamonds taken together will not cost as much as 1 one-carat diamond, as the one-carat stone is more rare
- The recipient - What style of cushion cut engagement ring is that special someone gonna love the most? Only you know for sure
Educating yourself on the different styles of diamonds and the various cuts that actually comprise the stone itself can go a long way toward helping you feel comfortable during the research and purchase process.
Regardless of which direction you choose to take your search, choosing the right diamond for that special occasion should be a pain free, invigorating experience.
Good luck and happy hunting.
My other relevant Hubs:
Blogrolling my favorite sites
Now, I don't spend all my time researching diamond rings online. I have other interests in the 'bling' arena. There are a lot of interesting places on the internet to find some unique pieces of jewelry. For some unique Costume Jewelry Rings, one just needs to do a little research.
The same could be said when it comes to Alphabet Beads. In fact, if you can't find it online, then it probably just doesn't exist.