- Fashion and Beauty»
Sapphire Engagement Rings
For more information on all things engagement and wedding, follow me on twitter.
Blue sapphire is my absolute favorite color. I love the color so much that I bought my high school class ring with a beautiful blue sapphire stone in it, even though it wasn't my official birth stone.
A blue sapphire engagement ring is a beautiful thing. Sapphire stone are full of symbolism and they are quite affordable, making them a fine choice for engagement rings.
In this hub I'll go over the rich symbolism associated with sapphire and help educate you to make an informed decision about buying a blue sapphire engagement ring.
Sapphire Gemstone Facts
Here are some quick facts about Sapphire stones
- Sapphire is most popular in blue but also appears in different colors such as purple and pink
- Sapphire is remarkably hard, making it a fine choice for an engagement ring stone (the harder the stone, the less likely it will show scratches and degrade over time)
- The second largest sapphire gemstone, the Logan Sapphire, weighs 423 carats (84.6 g)
- Sapphire is also often considered the birthstone for September.
- It is common that sapphire be given for 45 year wedding anniversaries
Sapphire, like the other gemstones, is quite rich in symbolism. If you choose to purchase a sapphire engagement ring, read on to learn about sapphire. You could even share some of the symbolism of sapphire when you propose and really "wow" your girlfriend!
First and foremost, the color blue is associated with feelings of sympathy, harmony, friendship and loyalty. (Tell me your girlfriend won't be moved when you share all that with her!) It represents steadfastness and reliability.
Second, sapphire stone itself represents sincerity and faithfulness. In fact, Prince Charles even purchased a blue sapphire engagement ring for Princess Diana!
Whatever your reason for getting sapphire engagement rings, make sure you share that with your future spouse. The rich meaning behind these rings cannot be ignored!
Affordable Sapphire Engagement Rings
The affordability of sapphire engagement rings depends highly on the materials used in the ring as well as the size of the stone. Naturally, rings that use white or yellow gold will be less expensive than platinum.