Skin: The Dangerous Factors that Harm it Every Day
Our skin is the biggest organ on our body and is in charge of constantly protecting us from harm. This meant constant diligence and care in all three levels of the skin is practiced to ensure no bacteria or virus gets through easily. Needless to say, the job of this organ is not an easy one. We even forget to help it in its constant fight too, leaving it to fend for itself against many dangers found in this world.
We should actually be paying a lot of attention to what happens to our skin since the changes it experiences can often by signs and symptoms that will help us identify if we have a sickness and what it could be. The skin holds many important assets and skills that help us maintain homeostasis and are continuously changing to make us feel comfortable. That is why we should at the very least try to defend it from some things it should never be exposed of.
These dangers or factors are always present in our life but we never pay much attention to the damage they cause our skin. We often ignore these enemies and their effects on our well being all too much. You might be wondering what these dangers are already. Not to worry though since I will explain them thoroughly and let you know why you should try to keep a healthy distance with most of them. Among these you can find the following:
- Cleaning products: Not only are they bad in general for you but they cause massive damage to the skin. This is a very common characteristic for things like Clorox and carpet cleaner. The idea of having a clean house is not a terrible one but most of us clean without the proper glove protection. The skin usually suffers from irritation that could last a couple days and even at times burns which is why it is absolutely necessary to be careful with these.
Our Skin Enemies are Many
Little rest, working hazards, alcohol, tabacco, coffee, sun, poor diet, dehydration, clothing, soap, cleaning products, little sleep, stress... The list could go on!!!
- Soap: Yes, even soap can be bad for your skin. Made from different chemicals and artificial smells, we love showering and getting rid of any smell with these but their excessive use can cause infection to spread and the death of many good bacteria. This does not mean that you should stop showering but try to keep it to a healthy minimum of once per day or at some times twice, one in the morning and one in the night. Try staying away from cleansers with high pH levels such as Carnay and try to get other healthier alternatives like Dove.
- Clothing: Our skin can fend off many things and keep us away from harm. Something we forget that should be chosen with care so as to not hurt our skin though is the clothes on our back. Everyone has different reactions to different types of fabrics but there are some specific ones you need to avoid as much as possible. These are not natural or healthy in many aspects and may be easy to wash but treat the body harshly. In this group we can find things like Nylon, Acrylic, Polyester, Acetates and Rayons. There are more but those are the ones that produce the most damage. Really anything that promises to be stain free
More Skin Enemies
- Dehydration: This is more of a personal fault. Because we are continuously busy with our daily activities, many of us forget to consume the necessary amount of water according to our body type. This often leads to dry skin that breaks easily. The only good solution to this problem is of course to drink lots of water. A good tip to be able to follow a drinking schedule and adapt a healthy habit is to keep alarms preset for when you think you need water the most and always have a bottle or two close to you.
It's a broad-spectrum ova/up chemical-free sunscreen and skin treatment that utilizes mineral uv-blockers titanium dioxide and zinc oxide to aid skin commonly irritated by sun protection ingredients. For skin irritated by the ingredients in most sunscreens. Skin that has already been burned. Contains uv smart booster technology.
For skin irritated by the ingredients in most sunscreens
Skin that has already been burned
Contains uv smart booster technology
- Sun: The constant rays of the sun on your body are generally never good but the most impact is always on the skin. That is why we should try to be careful about the amount of sun we get. We also have to be aware of the natural vitamin D can be fairly healthy too. Ending conclusion? Get out every now and then but never lay out in the sun for long periods of time.
PROVIDES 6-8 HOURS OF SKIN RELIEF - Our product uses aloe as its base! Aloe can penetrate the skins deepest layers and helps carry other nutrients with it. Because of this our cream deeply hydrates without being greasy and won't wash off for 6-8 hours after application.
MEDICAL GRADE INGREDIENTS - Truly Pure uses medical grade Manuka Honey and Aloe Barbadensis, both known for their powerful healing capabilities on problem skin.
NO UNNECESSARY ADDITIVES - free of: perfumes, dyes, steroids, Paraben, mineral oil, propylene glycol and any ingredient known to be harmful to skin. Our ingredients are all natural!
CAN BE USED ON ALL SKIN TYPES - because we don't use any harmful ingredients, our cream is suitable for all skin types and won't sting.
- Working Hazards: Many think that this only applies to people working in dangerous places such as construction sites but even white collar offices hold bad chemicals for your skin. One of the most ignored hazards has to be printer ink. Many change the cartridges without thinking twice about it and with no protection when you should in fact be wearing gloves. Some types of the ink may not be as harmful as others but it is never terrible to be safe about these kinds of things.
- Little Rest: This is more of a beauty thing rather than an actual concern that could irreversibly damage your skin. It is still an important one that you should pay attention too. Many of us constantly sleep 4 to 5 hours a night only to wake up, feel terrible and go to work promising we will never do such a thing again, only to do exactly the same thing the following night. This creates bags under our eyes and slower healing processes all over the body. You have not given your system enough time to repair and renew itself and now the skin feels frail and dry. That is just another reason to really get enough hours to sleep.
Our skin is harassed by many different factors that are known to debilitate and damage it. At least now, you are informed on the most dangerous ones and will know better when dealing with them in the future. Remember that the skin is an essential organ needed for your well being and requires a lot of attention so keeping an eye out for all these things will only be for the better.