- Fashion and Beauty»
- Perfume & Fragrances
Some not so common ways of using Perfumes
Ways of Using Perfumes
The word ‘perfume’ comes from the Latin words per fume ‘through smoke’. We all know that the purpose of wearing a perfume is to make one more appealing and attractive. However, we often meet people who wear their scents as if they have bathed in it. When the scent is too overpowering it can cause reactions like allergy, nausea or headache to those who inhale it. If our Perfumes are making those around us uncomfortable and sick we fail miserably in the purpose of wearing the perfume itself. Perfumes or Fragrances should be normally worn on pulse points in small quantities and not sprayed on clothes or used in huge quantities. Because of their power to elicit specific responses in the body and psyche, perfumes have been used in many religious rituals such as cleansing ceremonies. Perfumes also are used as ingredients for cosmetics, incense sticks, balms and ointments etc.
Apart from this normal usage, there are many other ways to use perfumes. if you are like me then you too may have many bottles of perfumes unused or sparingly used you may throw it away or give off to some one after some time. However, the good news is that these perfumes can be used too.
Some uncommon ways of using Perfumes
Here are some not so common ways to use Perfumes.
1) A tiny drop of perfume of bathing water can make you smell fresh and fragrant.
2) Keep finished bottles of perfume with its lid open on cloth shelves for nice smelling clothes.
3) Dab a few drops of perfume on light bulbs. The heat will diffuse fragrance when light is on making the room fragrant.
4) Spray Perfume on cotton balls and keep it on the drawers you store your lingerie or undergarments for a pleasant aroma. You can also place them in cabinets where linens or towels are stored or where seasonal cloths are kept.
5) Put scented cotton balls inside pillowcases for a good smell.
6) Spray perfume on underside of wooden book shelves for nice smelling shelves. Since woods holds scent you do not have to repeat it very often.
7) Dab perfume on radiator vents for a nice aroma.
8) Put perfume on petals of artificial flowers to smell good.
9) Use scented sheets as liners for drawers to keep the things inside smell good.
10) Use perfumed cotton balls or a perfume sprayed hand kerchief on Gym Bags or purses you regularly use for them to smell good.
So why not give some of these tips a try?