jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think about shopping at thrift shops?

1. DARICANMAMI profile image54
    DARICANMAMIposted 8 years ago

What do you think about shopping at  thrift shops?

2. resspenser profile image82
    resspenserposted 8 years ago

I do it all the time. I recently found a vinyl album of Michael Parks for two bucks and enjoy listening to the Long Lonesome Highway track on there which was the theme song for  the TV show Then Came Bronson. Cool!

3. TakeMyAdviceOrNot profile image60
    TakeMyAdviceOrNotposted 8 years ago

I think shopping at thrift shops are absolutely great. I am a big fan of HGTV, so I change my decor often and thrift shops are a great and inexpensive way for me to do it. I have found that people don't always get rid of things because they are damaged, but because they have bought something new or changed their style. I have found books, jewelry, artwork, you name it. If you haven't tried it, I say, "Go for it!"

4. maryladd profile image60
    maryladdposted 8 years ago

I love thrift shopping and had a second hand store for years.  A lot of my BRAND NEW clothing came from thrift. Some Goodwill stores have Department stores that donate on a regular basis new clothing with the tags still attached..mens ..women..children.  Find out the day they donate and the day the store puts the clothes on the floor..I wrote an article about this maybe I'll do another...

working