jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

how long do breast implants last?

1. profile image53
    lanakrtolicaposted 8 years ago

how long do breast implants last?

2. HoopBot profile image57
    HoopBotposted 7 years ago

Don't get them. That's my opinion. Hi there, name's HoopBot.

3. psin profile image60
    psinposted 3 years ago

Hi, Breast Implants last 10+ years. The warranty is usually for 10 years; however, you don't need to change them right away,  Just visit your doc. every year, he might suggest a mammography to make sure all is well.

I have a friend that has had the same silicone breast implants for 23 years already without any problems so far.

1. profile image53
      lanakrtolicaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have mine for 18 years. Mine are saline water implants. I do routine mammograms and I really hope I will never need to change them. It was much easier to do it when you was younger, now I am not sure I am up to a surgery again.

2. psin profile image60
      psinposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lana
      Try to keep them as long as you can, but when the time comes."Don't worry" implants replacement is a 20 minute surgery. the hard part is to create the pocket, so in your case it is a matter of pulling the old ones and inserting  news ones. smile

3. profile image53

But it is still going under the knife with full anesthesia sad

4. psin profile image60

Just local anesthesia smile, no pain.

5. profile image53

Why then not to do it now while I am still young and have them for another 20 years, and after them I might not even bother...
      Also, one doctor was telling me to switch from saline to silicone, since in his opinion it looks more natural.

6. psin profile image60

Yes, cohesive silicone is your best option. they feel more natural and don't loose volume over time,

7. profile image53

Isn't it more dangerous in case it leaks out? I was told I would have to do an expensive scan every year to make sure ther is no leakage.

8. psin profile image60

Lana, this link will be of great help. It will answer many of the questions you have. Let me know if it works http://www.cohesiveimplants.com/types/

working