How Do Soldiers Polish Their Shoes to Shine Like a Mirror?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

How Do Soldiers Polish Their Shoes to Shine Like a Mirror?

2. clicketmaster profile image61
    clicketmasterposted 8 years ago

As a former Marine one of my tricks was to use shoe polish that I heated with a lighter. Turn polish into a liquid by melting. Use a rag or cotton ball dipped in water, then the polish. rub into leather of shoe. Small circles works best. cover the whole shoe and buff in between.

For inspections we used an old trick that worked great. We would 1st polish shoe up a bit and then ad a coat of MOP & GLOW. Your shoes are like glass. Warning if you were the shoe it will crack. But if it's for show this is great...Hope that helps.

3. dingyskipper profile image65
    dingyskipperposted 7 years ago

Clickmaster is right, a good quality old fashioned shoe polish like cherry blossom or kiwi and a lot of effort is the best way. We actually do this on some of the most expensive shoes we make in the factory where I work. Beware that polish can catch into flame, but it can also be put on in layers buffing and polishing in between. A soft lint free cloth is essential, and if you get a spot that just won't shine, put a bit of spit on it. Yes that's were the saying spit and polish comes from.
    The same method can be used on brown and burgandy shoes, but on calf you must use a lighter colour than the shoe and do not use warm polish, this will darken the shoe

working