jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Red hair dyes tend to fade quickly, what tricks are there to preserve the vibran

1. twogroce profile image58
    twogroceposted 7 years ago

Red hair dyes tend to fade quickly, what tricks are there to preserve the vibrant color longer?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Have you tried henna instead of the commercial dyes? It's available in many different shades, and my sister was able to keep a beautiful blood-red color quite easily with it, and she said that re-dying was much easier than with the dyes that salons use or that can be bought from department stores. Sorry I can't give any first-hand experience, I'm still in love with my natural color and so haven't tried anything else smile.

3. jennshealthstore profile image89
    jennshealthstoreposted 7 years ago

They do have special shampoos and conditioners that help preserve the color. Another thing you can do if you get it done professionally is, get heavy red highlights instead of coloring your whole head red. This way, when some it does start to fade, it will blend it better than if your whole head was red.

4. pumpkincat210 profile image86
    pumpkincat210posted 7 years ago

use shampoo's and conditioners specifically for red hair.  Make sure your hair products are sulfate free.

5. simple101 profile image57
    simple101posted 7 years ago

As well as using shampooes and conditioners, there are also serval different masks you could use to preserve the the colors.
    Try half and alvacado
    1Tablespoon  of honey
    1 cup of regular non fat yougurt
    1 teaspoon of cocunut milk or oil
    (this mask is also great for your face!)
    or take regular nonflavor coffee, when at room temp poor over your hair and leave in for 20-30minutes.

Closed to reply

working