jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it better to follow brands if you are fashion conscious?

1. zuhr-akb profile image56
    zuhr-akbposted 7 years ago

Is it better to follow brands if you are fashion conscious?

2. amesplaza profile image68
    amesplazaposted 7 years ago

I'm really fashion conscious but, honestly, I'm not into following certain brands. I like to find clothes I like to wear because they look good, not because they have a really big name label.

3. profile image48
    Juliet R Wrightposted 7 years ago

I would say yes, because brands do take care of latest trends. You think your are fashion conscious and you want to look glamorous, in this case brands can solve most of your dilemas.

First of all, you get the idea of latest trends at the advent of a new season. Brands come with their latest offerings and they display them at the most happening shopping complexes of your city. So half the job is done by the brands. You just need to pick your items according to your choice.

Secondly, for man one can say that 'brand maketh a man' on the line of 'clothes maketh a man'. For girls they can choose wide range of ethnic wear from popular stores, and they can personalise outfits with a little innovation by themselves. But for men you can see that they are all made by brands. From shoes to belts, from vests to ties man has no choice but to follow brands because otherwise they don't look fashionable or worst i should say presentable.

4. profile image47
    j.misraposted 7 years ago

I must say no. There is no link between the two. There is no hard and fast rule , that to be a fashion conscious one need to wear branded clothes. You can get branded clothes from normal stores. It is important to carry yourself to be fashionable. Branded clothes has got nothing  much to contribute in fashion statment. If one wears branded clothes, but is unable to carry them properly, then what's so special in branded clothes.

5. esatchel profile image90
    esatchelposted 7 years ago

I think truly fashionable people think independently of brands. They may have 'name brand' items and current items,but they are not slaves to them.

The person with the current season everything with all the labels showing is either someone being paid to advertise (a model) or is someone who has little independent and creative thought and buys what is shown in the latest magazines in order to appear as if she/he has fashion sense.

I have seen wonderfully fashionable people in a mix of old, new, expensive and inexpensive.

6. profile image51
    watson mariaposted 5 years ago

Definitely you must be a brand conscious in clothes. I like to wear Fred Perry brand Polo shirts and I follow that brand in wearing and also take care to buy it from Clockwork-Orange because they have the nice collection of Fred Perry shirts.