jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how much makeup is TOO much? when does "dolling up" turn "trampy"?

1. justanotherteen profile image60
    justanotherteenposted 7 years ago

how much makeup is TOO much? when does "dolling up" turn "trampy"?

2. tmbridgeland profile image82
    tmbridgelandposted 7 years ago

Funny, I wrote a Hub about this a few weeks ago. Basically, it depends on the occasion. If you are going out to a dark club, it doesn't hut to lay it on thick, with lots of color. It is expected there, and the darkness hides how heavy it is.
    Also, think about why you are making up. Who are you trying to impress? Most guys don't like to see loads of makeup. We wonder what you are trying to hide. Makeup works best if it is invisible, add a hint of color, make your eyes look bigger and brighter. Guys joke about heavy makeup on girls.
    But really it varies a lot depending on your age and who you hang out with. Look at your friends and try not to be the most made up one there, and you won't look trampy unless all your friends are really trampy.

3. beth811 profile image82
    beth811posted 7 years ago

It depends on your personal style and where you use it.  Evening makeup tends to be heavy for some when attending special occasion. For me less is more. Try to look natural; apply lighter shades of makeup. We know it looks "trampy" when it doesn't fit our style.

4. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

Some women can get away with more makeup than others.  See my profile pic, I wear a lot of dark eye makeup, but would look silly if I also lathered it on the lips.  One of the worst mistakes a women can make with makeup is caking on their foundation like it's Nutella, especially if the shade doesn't match their complexion. To be considered "trampy" I think you'd have to chose some really bad colours - something like green eyeshadow and orange lips - Then again, some women could even get away with that and look good.